• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peasant for Styleforum "Best of What Are You Wearing Now" Biweekly Contest

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, This is the official announcement of the Styleforum "Best of What are you wearing now" contest, sponsored by Peasant Online (www.peasantonline.com).

Voting will take place every two weeks. At the end of a two week period, Brian and Karissa of Peasant and I will narrow the field to 3 of our favorites, you guys will vote (the voting period will be 3 days), and the man (or woman) with the winning outfit will win $50 Peasant dollars, to be used as you wish; and the winning outfit will be featured on Peasant online. Peasant will contact the winner with details.

This thread is for you to nominate posted outfits, discuss what oufits should make the top three, etc... Of course, at the end of the day, it's a dictatorship of three, and we will make the decisions, but whatever. And this is supposed to be friendly and fun, so let's keep it that way.

The first contest period started yesterday evening, and will end 12 a.m. March 5, 2007. Start posting if you haven't all ready.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, awesome! Makes me want to buy **** from Peasant... Dammit, their ploy is working!

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
Karissa and myself are very excited about the contest. We visit "What are you wearing" daily and are quite familar with the current members who post; I hope this encourages even more participation. Good lunck to everyone, I believe this will be great fun. And don't forget photo compostion!

Karissa & Brian

no_pseudonym

Reaction score
Are there any set criteria? So far I think braidkid and sauce are doing pretty well.

Dexstar

Reaction score
sauce should consider himself 50 peasant dollars richer

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
there is no "set" criteria other than great pieces, proper fit, and properly matched garments, etc...and I think Karissa can be swayed by photo compositions too.

PeasantLLC

Reaction score
there is no "set" criteria other than great pieces, proper fit, and properly matched garments, etc...and I think Karissa can be swayed by photo compositions too.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the folks at Peasant, are you sure you want to do this? I could see one of the regular posters eventually owning the store.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see a couple of regular streetwear dudes becoming rich in this year of the pig. We all know who they are. Oh well, maybe I'll get inspired enough one day to post a pic. Congrats in advance to Sauce and Get Smart.

cheapmutha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
word... im gonna go ahead and pick some things out now.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
are headshots required?

No, but they may help. Without the head, it's often difficult to tell how well an outfit really fits someone's style. The neckline should ideally frame the face to best effect. For example, I have a longer, pretty well defined neck. I wear shawl collars, hoodies, and collared shirts better than crewnecks, in general. When I do wear a crewneck, I make sure that it is pretty fitted.

If you don't want to show your face for whatever reason, you can always blur out the face using photoshop or something analogous.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
word... im gonna go ahead and pick some things out now.

This is awesome. Everyone is even taking on a persona. We have Cheap "Shaq" proclaiming himself the "Big Aristotle", Sauce with his Tim Duncan "Aw shucks" attitude, Get Smart pulling a T-Mac - he might play, he might now, and so on
smile.gif
More, more, more.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I have no problem being the Big Fundamental.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads