• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peal vs Church Sizing

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This being my initial post, I would first like to thank all who contribute so much to this forum. I have been reading for about 2 month and it has been a wealth of knowledge.

I stumbled on the forum by accident and it has already had a big effect in my life. It has made me loose weight and money simultaneously. Both have been smart moves since my purchases have been towards investing in a wardrobe that will last for years, not 1 or 2 seasons.

I'm sort or starting at the bottom and working my way up. I think it's important to build the foundation first. My purchases in shoes have been 3 pairs from BB, Peal&Co. The fit has been perfect for me. I use a 13.

Finally to my question:

I have found some sales on Church's in size 12 (UK) but the fitting G. Do you think they will be too loose a fit, or that they would work? Should I just stick to standard width. I know there is a feeling that Church's are a bit "clunky" but for these that is what I was looking for.

While on the subject of fit, I am also looking at C&J. If 13 Peal work, should I get 12 (uk) in E?

Thanks in advance.
JP

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
G is standard medium for Church's

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sites I read listed G as wide.

Is the wide in Church's the same as medium in other shoes?

Thanks.

literasyme

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
G is standard medium for Church's

-1. G is wide, F is standard. But Church's wide isn't very wide. My C&Js are 10.5E (UK), and I have Church's in 10.5G and 11F, neither of which fits significantly more loosely than my C&Js, if at all.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. My Church Consuls were marked 12G & was a great fit in width but not length. FWIW I wear a 12.5 D in the AE Park Avenue.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is what I was looking for.

Thank you both.

JP

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find I have to go up half a size in church's compared to most English brands

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads