• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peal Quorn Chukka Boots

mg428

Reaction score
I was wondering whether you know the manufacturer and the last number of the below shoes:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...t_color=Black#

On on hand, I think that they are made by AS, as they quite resemble to the pebble grain version available in the below link:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black

On the other hand, I also think that they are made by C&J because the sizes are available in various widths, such as C and E, and I have not seen thus far any Peal shoes made by AS that come in various width fittings.

I called a store to find out the manufacturer and the last number with a sales associate but he told me these shoes are sold only by the online store.

mg428

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bumble_Bee
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/sargent/products/498.php.

http://www.shoes.shoppingsection.co....Category_Code=

Well those have 3 eyelets and a storm-welt and are pebble grain. Only the name is the same. C&J also have Quorn boots but they are jodhpur boots.

Nonetheless if these shoes are made by AS, then they seems to be made on either 87, 89, or 99 last.

I think the most important point is that, as I indicated in my original post, I have never ever seen any single pair of Peal shoes made by AS in varying width fittings. All Peal shoes that have varying width fittings have been always made by C&J.

Someone pls correct/confirm my statements and if you ever seen these chukkas comments on the mnuafacturer and the last.

mg428

Reaction score
The description of the shoes says that they have rubber soles. Whichever the manufacturer, be it AS or C&J, rubber soles would be 99.9% dainite soles.

From the images of the shoes, I think that this information in misleading because these chukkas seems to have single leather soles. Also, when you zoom in to the interior part of the heel on the first image, it is possible to see that that pair is of leather. That particular part of my Peal shoes made by AS having dainite sole is also made of rubber. I don't own any dainite-soled original or rebranded C&J shoes but I believe it should be the same for C&J. In short, I do not think that these shoes come in dainite sole, or rubber sole for that matter.

Again, I will appreciate if someone can confirm/comment nonetheless.

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mg428
The description of the shoes says that they have rubber soles. Whichever the manufacturer, be it AS or C&J, rubber soles would be 99.9% dainite soles.

From the images of the shoes, I think that this information in misleading because these chukkas seems to have single leather soles. Also, when you zoom in to the interior part of the heel on the first image, it is possible to see that that pair is of leather. That particular part of my Peal shoes made by AS having dainite sole is also made of rubber. I don't own any dainite-soled original or rebranded C&J shoes but I believe it should be the same for C&J. In short, I do not think that these shoes come in dainite sole, or rubber sole for that matter.

Again, I will appreciate if someone can confirm/comment nonetheless.

They have Dainite soles. They are AS-made and have rather poor quality control. On the pair I bought (which will be returned), the upper on the right shoe was attached to the sole at a crooked angle. I cannot believe the factory let that out of the gate, but I guess it is not all that surprising given the turmoil at AS.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads