1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Artisan Fan, Aug 31, 2009.

1. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

If you look closely, those shoes have closed-channel soles, which puts them higher than regular C&J bench grade models. A lot of people here theorize that some of the peal models are made to a standard that falls in between bench grade and hand grade. If that's the case, they're a solid deal at 30% off.

1 person likes this.
  2. othertravel

And yes, better quality than AE.

3. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

It's probably not fair to compare AE to CJ since both offer quality shoes at different price points. AE first quality can be purchased for about $230 during the semi-sale whereas BB peals are around $450 with the 30% discount.

4. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

And the BB C&J prices are up to $648. Ridiculous. Only reason I'm considering getting the perforated captoes during a 30% off sale is because I have gift cards.

5. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

How much does C&J bench grade cost at their retail store or other places?

6. othertravel

Close to the same price: $600 to $650

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  7. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

Thank you for the info. I've been wanting to try C&J. Seems like getting the Peal version at 30% off may be a good way to get a first pair.

8. MSTRKRFT

MSTRKRFT Well-Known Member

Thanks for the responses, you guys are so knowlegable and wonderful. Would any of you be able to divuldge any info this pair of Peal & Co shoes from BB? I couldn't find it on the official website, so I am guessing it is an old model. Any info would be great, thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Those aren't Peal, they're Brooks English.

10. MSTRKRFT

MSTRKRFT Well-Known Member

I have no idea about this, can you give more info (although I guess we are digressing a bit off topic) in regards of what the maker, model, etc of the shoes are? Thank you.

11. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

Probably Churches? I know Church's was one of the companies that made stuff under the "Brooks English" label, but it wouldn't surprise me to find out other companies did the same.

They may not be a specific model that was ever sold as anything other than a Brooks English product, and they're almost certainly pre-internet, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's tough to dig up much information on them.

1 person likes this.
  12. sazon

sazon Senior member

HI all - Considering using a BB 40% off coupon on their Peal & Co. double monks, orig price $648.

As I'm mainly an Alden man, was hoping someone with some good knowledge could tell me who makes these and if $388 for these would be a good value?

Thanks so much, in advance.

[​IMG]

13. stevent

stevent Senior member

C&J and anything with the 40% off coupon is a pretty solid deal

1 person likes this.
  14. sazon

sazon Senior member

Thank you Steven

15. Gian Carlo

Gian Carlo New Member

16. othertravel

Those are Sargent.

17. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Interesting that the heel nail pattern is similar to C&J; however, the 87 last is definitely AS. Regardless, the sale price is good for either brands.

18. cc808314

cc808314 Senior member

Hi,

I was hoping someone will help me out. I am interested in purchasing old stock but new Peal & Co Brooks Brothers Gibson brogues. They are very heavy duty with thick dainite rubber soles. I have never had or tried Peal & Co (or CJ or AS) shoes before, so I am not sure about sizing. This shoes are 8.5D, and in AE I usually wear 8.5C-8.5D (Park Ave - 8.5C, Byron - 8.5C, Dalton's 8.5D (with thick socks), MacNeil - 8.5 D (w/ thick socks)).

How do these shoes run in terms of sizing? What would the equivalent size be in AE? How is the quality of Peal & Co in general?

Thank you

19. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

20. GoIrish

GoIrish Well-Known Member