• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peal & Company Brooks Brothers Shoes

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No stacking. And I think cordovan is included.

Do you know who makes the Peal & Co shell shoes/boots? I like the cap toe boots in #8 shell, but makes me wonder how good they are, as the 40% off only takes them down to Alden territory. The shell shoes on the other hand, would be Avery good buy, granted that they are of good quality.

They are C&J and are nice boots. I enjoy mine quite a bit.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more question. Are these made by C&J, as well? If anyone has them, how would you say the fit is, especially compared to Allen Edmonds? I apologize for all these questions, but I am trying to test the waters with other brands, as currently all of my shoes are AE's.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One more question. Are these made by C&J, as well? If anyone has them, how would you say the fit is, especially compared to Allen Edmonds? I apologize for all these questions, but I am trying to test the waters with other brands, as currently all of my shoes are AE's.

Gentlemen,
I am in a market for a shell cordovan PTB, something similar to Aldens or AE Leeds for business casual wear. Need your advice with the shoe pictured above. Do you think it offers the same versatility as the aforementioned shoes? Doesn't seem as heavy duty.

Thanks

Last edited:

Greasy Neale

Reaction score
I have a pair of those Peale & Co shoes. They fit great. They are well made. I am sure they are Crockett & Jones (the BB sales folks, who chat with me about shoes pretty openly, confirmed it). It's Horween shell cordovan, and it seems first grade. It's my first pair of shell cordovans from Peale. My other Peales are the black loafers, and full strap reddish brown ones. They are both C & J as well, and they have worn well. I think the Peale & Co shoes are superior to A & Es and Aldens, and I have a bunch of both. C & J just makes a better quality shoe.

The Heat

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I feel like these questions have already been answered somewhere on this forum, but I can't seem to find them anymore. I've been operating under the assumption that these are C&J on the 341 last (similar to the U-throat wingtips earlier in this thread), can anyone confirm?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...var_MH00454_Color=BLCK&contentpos=5&cgid=0522

And a more general question, is the sizing between these and "regular" C&J pretty consistent? I've only worn Peal C&J, can I use the 10US (9.5UK) size of the BB C&J Peals as a benchmark for ordering shoes of the same size/last from C&J online?

EDIT: after further review, these actually look more to me like 240?

Last edited:

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I feel like these questions have already been answered somewhere on this forum, but I can't seem to find them anymore. I've been operating under the assumption that these are C&J on the 341 last (similar to the U-throat wingtips earlier in this thread), can anyone confirm?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...var_MH00454_Color=BLCK&contentpos=5&cgid=0522

And a more general question, is the sizing between these and "regular" C&J pretty consistent? I've only worn Peal C&J, can I use the 10US (9.5UK) size of the BB C&J Peals as a benchmark for ordering shoes of the same size/last from C&J online?

EDIT: after further review, these actually look more to me like 240?

they don't look like the 240. the 240 looks more symmetric (less pigeon-toed). Your earlier guess (341) might be closer to the mark, but BB's pics of the sole profile can sometimes be deceptive

re consistency: Multiple lasts in the regular C&J lines often require different sizing based on one's foot, but a good guess is going one down from the US size for the C&J benchgrade lasts in UK sizes

The Heat

Reaction score
they don't look like the 240. the 240 looks more symmetric (less pigeon-toed). Your earlier guess (341) might be closer to the mark, but BB's pics of the sole profile can sometimes be deceptive

re consistency: Multiple lasts in the regular C&J lines often require different sizing based on one's foot, but a good guess is going one down from the US size for the C&J benchgrade lasts in UK sizes
Thanks, I think I'll have to bite the bullet and got back to my BB to see what last is written on the inside of the shoe (I didn't know about this trick the last time I was up there).

To clarify my question regarding sizing: I know that 10D US (9.5E UK per BB's conversion chart) fits me in this shoe/last. So once I confirm the last of these, am I safe ordering this size in this last of any C&J shoe? Or is BB/Peal sizing not consistent with "regular" C&J, even on the same last?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, it has been consistent. 4 pair branded Peal & Co., 2 pair branded RL, 1 pair branded C&J.

Last edited:

Greasy Neale

Reaction score
I just pulled out my pair of these shell cordovan Peale & Co shoes. The numbers "341" are written on the inside. So, I guess that is the Crockett and Jones last. The 9D shoes fit my fairly wide foot quite well. The 8 1/2 Ds were too tight--I have a high instep. I generally wear 9Ds in Allen Edmonds (unless I go with a wider one--in the E widths, I wear the 8 1/2s). The 341 is, to me, a pretty good shape. Not clunky like a lot of English shoes.

Dd1101

Reaction score

I just pulled out my pair of these shell cordovan Peale & Co shoes.  The numbers "341" are written on the inside.  So, I guess that is the Crockett and Jones last.  The 9D shoes fit my fairly wide foot quite well.  The 8 1/2 Ds were too tight--I have a high instep.  I generally wear 9Ds in Allen Edmonds (unless I go with a wider one--in the E widths, I wear the 8 1/2s).  The 341 is, to me, a pretty good shape.  Not clunky like a lot of English shoes.  

Is this the burgundy shell bluchers? For some reason I thought they were on the 240 last

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads