Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Flambeur, Oct 27, 2008.

1. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Douglas, I was thinking the same thing.

2. TIEALIGN

TIEALIGN Senior member

3. rilian

rilian Senior member

That burgundy boot in that catalog is not the chukka - it's a captoe in shell cordovan, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

It's a f***ing gorgeous captoe boot, but it's not a chukka.

The Chukka is on page 173 of Timeless Classics.

4. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Thanks. Saw it. That looks very red. If it's that red, I won't be keeping them.

5. AgentQ

AgentQ Senior member

^ True, it is rather red now that I look at it again. Also being unsure about the size has led me to buy four pairs. Returning 2 (or 3) of them in-store should be fun.

6. Kaizen

Kaizen Senior member

Ah, crap. Caved again...

+1

Suede pair on the way

7. rilian

rilian Senior member

Thanks. Saw it. That looks very red. If it's that red, I won't be keeping them.

I have the printed catalog, and it looks less red than on screen. Perhaps, one would call it oxblood. To me, it has some very nice variations in the color. Of course, everything will look different in person.

8. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I had the catalog somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. Thanks.

9. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Ah...do you feel a constant struggle with these decision on SF...?[​IMG]

Regards.

of course, i just did some self accounting and budgeting, looks like we have room for these! but that means no other purchases for november

10. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

Somewhere in the bowels of SF there's a pic of yours truly wearing a pair of these in burgundy.
    I picked'em up about 2 years ago.
    Nice, workhorse boot on a dainite sole.
    Fits true to size.

[​IMG]

11. rilian

rilian Senior member

of course, i just did some self accounting and budgeting, looks like we have room for these! but that means no other purchases for november

I just ordered a Glaser Bag, two Macbooks, a pair of Crockett and Jones Lowndes Monkstraps, and now two of these Chukkas. I'd say I'm wiped out for the next few months. And probably have to attend shopoholics anonymous.

12. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Senior member

I just ordered a Glaser Bag, two Macbooks, a pair of Crockett and Jones Lowndes Monkstraps, and now two of these Chukkas. I'd say I'm wiped out for the next few months. And probably have to attend shopoholics anonymous.

Send me a PM before you go to the meeting. I have some shoes/ties/watches/suits/sunglasses/etc for sale that would be perfect for you. [​IMG]

13. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Senior member

Update:

Got my pair of black pebble grain chukkas today. They are indeed C&J and are on the boot version of the 318 last, which happens to be the same last as some of the other clearance shoes are on (Plain toe blucher in brown which I also own).

I am very happy with the boots, but as a warning for anyone not familiar with this last it runs a tad narrow and small. I am a size 9 us and the 9.5 fits me well.

14. TIEALIGN

TIEALIGN Senior member

Update: Got my pair of black pebble grain chukkas today. They are indeed C&J and are on the boot version of the 318 last, which happens to be the same last as some of the other clearance shoes are on (Plain toe blucher in brown which I also own). I am very happy with the boots, but as a warning for anyone not familiar with this last it runs a tad narrow and small. I am a size 9 us and the 9.5 fits me well.
    Looks like I will be placing a 2nd order.

15. stamp0102

stamp0102 Senior member

Update:

Got my pair of black pebble grain chukkas today. They are indeed C&J and are on the boot version of the 318 last, which happens to be the same last as some of the other clearance shoes are on (Plain toe blucher in brown which I also own).

I am very happy with the boots, but as a warning for anyone not familiar with this last it runs a tad narrow and small. I am a size 9 us and the 9.5 fits me well.

can i get some detailed pics posted of the pebble grains? i am thinking of picking up a pair. i wear a 9.5 in AE's, is the consensus to size up a half size?

and Steven, you mention these are C&J's and on the same last as the plain toe bluchers, but i thought the consensus was that the bluchers were A&S?