• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to send mine back, so it's moot. They're a 12. I own too many shoes to keep pairs where the fit is off a bit.

AgentQ

Reaction score
I just got mine, and they look great!

Quick tree question -- would standard shoe trees be okay for this, or would a boot-specific tree be better? Any recommendations?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AgentQ
I just got mine, and they look great!

Quick tree question -- would standard shoe trees be okay for this, or would a boot-specific tree be better? Any recommendations?

Standard would be fine.

lefty

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
I'm going to send mine back, so it's moot. They're a 12. I own too many shoes to keep pairs where the fit is off a bit.

so all of your shoes have a fit problem?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
so all of your shoes have a fit problem?

No, but the ones for which I didn't size up do. Or PRL shoes, which don't come in a 12.5--some of those do, depending on the last. My point was, I've convinced myself one too many times to deal with it, and I'm trying to get out of the habit. Sometimes stretching works (it's really just one spot, where my fourth toe hits), sometimes, not so much. I've got a pair of chukkas on the way from Ron Rider that should fit better anyway.

Doc4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
^ You won't need to whine. I felt a bit awkward calling myself, and so I called rather sheepishly, but the associate was very helpful and very nice. It's totally painless.

ditto.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
photo-vi.jpg

I'm still a bit torn about these. They look great. They're a little tight on my left foot. Would be nice to have for bad weather.

I'm sure glad I don't wear a size 12. I'd hate to order from BB and open my box to find grimslades creased, office worn returns!
tounge.gif

Too bad they didn't work out for you, that burgundy color looks pretty nice.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
I'm sure glad I don't wear a size 12. I'd hate to order from BB and open my box to find grimslades creased, office worn returns!
tounge.gif

Too bad they didn't work out for you, that burgundy color looks pretty nice.

No doubt they'll end up in an outlet at half the price I paid. The color isn't bad and I wanted to keep them, but I'm not going to do it.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No doubt they'll end up in an outlet at half the price I paid.

Whenever I visit relatives in NJ, I always go to a couple of BB outlets (Jersey Gardens, Jackson Outlets, etc) during my stay. I'm not impressed by the 346 stuff and iirc the limited shoe selection I've seen is also branded 346 and specially made for the outlets; I have no clue who the maker is though. I'll make sure to look out for heavily discounted regular merch.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The best one is supposedly in North Carolina, FWIW.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice chukkas.

It's also great to hear how BB is honoring the discount to posters who've requested it.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ grim
Left foot could to be a tad larger due to the heart too being on the left.
That's what I've been told way back when
plain.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple pictures to show the depth of color and the relatively elegant last/shape.

IMG_2073.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

AgentQ

Reaction score
FYI I decided to apply some Sno-Seal (to the horror of my cobbler) to proof it a bit against the (soon to be) harsh Boston weather and the results were good -- not too greasy, and the color did not darken as much as I was warned it would.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads