• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Peal Briefcase Legit? Discontinued or did I get ripped off?

alepenn

Reaction score
Got this off ebay and feels solid/compares well to the SAB westminster i have but i can't find mine on the BB website leading me to believe that its a fake or (more likely) discontinued; that said i couldn't even find archived images of this case by peal for BB on archive.org. Would appreciate any advice. Do you know if they ever made this model (seems to compare to the westminster) in Peal? Thank you.

alepenn

Reaction score
Have you ever seen this in the Peal lineup? I'm sorry if I sound paranoid/delusional/newbish but (I am, and) this is meant to be a gift for my brother so I want to make sure I'm not giving him something that isn't real (I wanted to go full out SAB but my finances at the moment wont allow for that)

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Fake. I will buy it and dispose of it for you.
Fake. I will do you one better and dispose of it at no charge to you.
Just kidding, no one fakes brands so obscure, only an SF'er would recognize them. If you got it off ebay it's almost certainly discontinued (at least 90% of clothes/accessories on ebay are - which is why it's so cheap.) But frankly, it doesn't matter. A briefcase like that is a timeless classic and will be just as nice 20 years from now. It will make an awesome present. Relax and enjoy the look on your brother's face when he sees it.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
Looks good to me. Hope your brother likes it.

-LR

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahhh.. so you got it..

I was following the listing.. went a little higher than I wanted to go .. but it is a beautiful looking bag. Take care of it and it will last a lifetime looking awesome!

alepenn

Reaction score
I wish I'd have the opportunity, anyone who didn't make it should take some solace in the fact that it's a gift for my brother to celebrate his becoming gainfully employed at a large firm before age 21. It will hurt handing it over to him though.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.