1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Peak Lapels + 1 Button Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 32-20, Sep 20, 2013.

1. 32-20

32-20 Active Member

A single-breasted jacket with peak lapels and one button.
    Is this combination strictly black tie? Or is a fold-down shirt collar, necktie and lighter jacket colour enough to make it informal (as opposed to casual)?

2. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

I have a brown-and-grey bird's-eye suit in that configuration. A change of pace suit, by my lights, formality would depend on the color, fabric, and accessories.

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

No - however dreadful it looks.

4. Longmorn

Longmorn Senior member

I disagree with GBR, as does Huntsman (these are pulled from their website). Judge for yourself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Stebbin

Stebbin Senior member

All the above suits would look far nicer with two buttons, imo.

6. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Not really CBD, but Phineas Cole usually has a bunch of 'em too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  7. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

The buttoning stance should be the same for a one button suit or two button suit. I don't really understand how adding an additional button that you never button makes a huge difference in how an outfit is viewed. I do think that the peak lapels are much more obvious. That said, a peak lapel one button suit could be a lovely choice in a nice navy color to wear to things like weddings and evening events that are just shy of black tie. I wouldn't try to make it work with a button down color or light jacket, though.

2 people like this.
  8. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

Try going to the gym , getting yourself in shape and then you too can look good in a one button...

2 people like this.