• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peacoats in 2009?

idunno09

Reaction score
What do you all think? I bought one a week ago and it still has the tags on it and I'm not sure if i want to keep it. It's a black cK double breasted 60% wool 40% poly, and it has an offset gold zipper about 3" to my right when i wear it. So my question is keep it, or return it and buy something else. see the coat here: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/pon/img10174224140.jpeg

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Return it. Cardigans will be big in 2009.

Not to mention that the CK peacoat is a dime a dozen.

idunno09

Reaction score
I should mention that it only cost $120, I'm not attached to it and defending it by any means I just thought that it might be worth mentioning. I do need a jacket though for fall/winter and it gets kinda cold around here but mostly wet.

Thurston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it has a zipper, it's not a peacoat.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idunno09
It has an offset gold zipper about 3" to my right when i wear it.
An out-of body-experience is one thing ... but an out-of-coat zipper sounds quite unique.

wmjarrell

Reaction score
dunno, my humble advice: trust your better instincts and sell that thing.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its a FUKING Pea Coat..

We are not talking about a world shifting decision here..

& no ZIPPERS!

What next? chukkas or dessert boots? & please no RLBL threak LOL

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's an ugly peacoat. that zipper is hid-e-ous. if you want a pea coat, get a pea coat.

e.g., go to sierra trading post and sign up for their dealflyer. watch the sales and prices on this guy

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...t-for-Men.html

if your color does not sell out because the jacket is so dope, i bet you can get it for $150 before too long. generally 30% of what they list as the MSRP will happen if you wait and watch. 20% coupons are pretty common, so if you can get one -- these days you have to wait for them to give it to you -- that $223 would be $178.

about ten days ago i bought the gloverall duffle coat -- please look after this bear -- for $131 after coupon. i am pleased with the coat & more so with the price. the pea coat was probably the same price. now that cold is coming on, it might not get that low again. and your size/color might sell out. but who knows. good luck. if the gloverall is not your pea coat, good luck finding another without a hideous ******* zipper on it.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to the surplus shop and buy a navy peacoat. Change the anchor buttons out if they bug you.

Or eat ramen and hot dogs to save up for the Spurr peacoat.

Or whatever, it is a peacoat. It was "in" before you were alive, it is "in" now and it will be "in" after we are all dead.

Artigas

Reaction score
It was "in" before you were alive, it is "in" now and it will be "in" after we are all dead.
What? I thought people only wore suits with no lapels and silver hats in the future!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads