1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pea Coat or Double Breasted Coat?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by drake, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Cowwoofwoof

Cowwoofwoof Member

Cowwoofwoof, did you ever decide on a size?

I also measure about 31" across the chest and I'm about 5'8". I'm trying to decide between 30S/30R or 32S/30R. Can anyone offer any advice?

I ordered a 30S. but for some reason I was sent a 32S. The coat seems to be a good fit, but not skin tight and the length is perfect for me (I'm 5"6). A 32R or a 30R would probably be the best fit for you, depending on how tight you want it or how many layers you will be wearing underneath.

2. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

^ Cowwoofwoof and apox, go eat a sandwich. Now.

3. Cowwoofwoof

Cowwoofwoof Member

^ Cowwoofwoof and apox, go eat a sandwich. Now.

I'm pretty short, so I think that's a decent chest size for me [​IMG]

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

im 5'8 with a 38" chest and everyone says im skinny

5. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

30" chest? Go to Ukraine and eat some of those lard sandwiches, or cook a Turducken and eat it all up! I thought I was scrawny with a 37" chest.

I like poly's modified pea coat - it looks more modern, and fashiony; but I don't care for the thread indents where the buttons were removed. I still prefer the classic double breasted look though, but it works for poly.

6. Cowwoofwoof

Cowwoofwoof Member

30" chest? Go to Ukraine and eat some of those lard sandwiches, or cook a Turducken and eat it all up! I thought I was scrawny with a 37" chest.

I don't think it'll get get better no matter how much I eat. I'm skinny but I'm not anorexic, besides It all goes to my stomach anyway. [​IMG]

7. tiecollector

tiecollector Senior member

Anyone have experience with Fidelity as a peacoat maker? I would get the sterlingwear but they seem not to come in Navy as opposed to black or grey.

Also how much heavier is 32oz coat compared to a 22 oz?
    http://vtarmynavy.com/wool-pea-coats.htm

Fidelity is the brand that my local Navy Surplus carries and I haven't looked at them yet. 32 oz is probably really heavy. I think I want to go with the sterlingwear.