• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pdc jeans in toronto?

gker

Reaction score
I've been around and I haven't seen any anywhere. Anybody know where I can find some?

davei

Reaction score
Caban on Queen St. W in downtown Toronto. It's right across the street from Footlocker near Muchmusic. Be prepared for sticker shock though, IIRC they're $220CDN plus tax. They also have Earl jeans at $190CDN plus tax (of which I snagged four pairs at Winners for $80CDN each..)

gker

Reaction score
Really? I always thought Caban was just Club Monaco's IKEA heh. Never really ventured in there for that reason too.
Thanks. Maybe I'll go check it out tonight.

davei

Reaction score
Really? I always thought Caban was just Club Monaco's IKEA heh. Never really ventured in there for that reason too.
Thanks. Maybe I'll go check it out tonight.
I thought so too, but I happened to be wandering around there killing time, and I saw a SALE sign so I went in - lo and behold, PDC jeans. They also carry a Caban line of basics (jeans, Ts, sweaters) which is Old Navy-ish in style and quality (but not price.)

Renwick

Reaction score
I noticed many of you wear PDC jeans from the "What are you wearing now" posts. I have never heard of these jeans before- what makes them so much better than regular old Levi's? Needless to say I don't wear jeans very often since 90% of the time I am wearing a suit.- I only own four pairs and two of them are corduroy.

pstoller

Reaction score
I noticed many of you wear PDC jeans from the "What are you wearing now" posts. I have never heard of these jeans before"”what makes them so much better than regular old Levi's?

Paper Denim & Cloth jeans are hand-sewn in the US from premium American, Japanese and Italian selvedge denim. They come in a variety of cuts and finishes that favor classicism over "over-the-top" trendiness, and they fit and feel great.

Whether they're worth what they cost is a matter of debate for any premium jeans, but I'd say that PDC comes closer to justifying the high price than, say, Diesel, Energie, Versace, Armani, Gucci or Dolce & Gabbana jeans. If you're going to spend over $100 on jeans, they should be made as well as PDC.

I think Levi's Premium is comparable in quality, and slightly lower in price as well. Helmut Lang is also comparable, but the HL cuts support fewer body types. Specifically, guys with well-developed legs complain about HL's narrowness. (This will never be my problem: HL jeans are a perfect fit for me.)

I have yet to try Dior Homme jeans, but I have a suspicion that they're closer to Gucci than to Lang or PDC. They're certainly not worth the absurd premium. (I think they retail for @$400 US.) And even my inner rock star won't let me take Cavalli jeans seriously.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I have a favorite jean that's relatively cheap- Tommy Bahama relaxed fit (again ducking invective from LAG)...My waist isn't that large for my size, but my thighs definitely are.

Anyone tried them? Their cotton is INCREDIBLY soft and comfortable. This book research thing has given me a whole new appreciation for fabrics with soft hands. I've had mine since March, so I'm not sure about durability. They are starting to fray at the bottom, but I wear them A LOT.

I'll have to check out PDC- saw them in the Beverly Ctr last time I was in LA at Politix I believe. Maybe I was scared by the price tag, and should have tried a pair on.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have to check out PDC- saw them in the Beverly Ctr last time I was in LA at Politix I believe. Maybe I was scared by the price tag, and should have tried a pair on.
A little over a month ago, I saw PDC jeans selling for $70 at Loehman's two blocks south of the Beverly Center.  Of course, they were all size 33, but anyone who happens to be in the L.A. area might want to check Loehman's out.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'm going to have to visit that Loehmans, and the Filenes basement in Boston. The Filenes in Chicago had a few good items, but nowhere near what PeterMetro posted.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Loehmans usually has some good deals, especially of less well-known or less desirable designers. Samsonite Black Label jackets were selling for $50-80 this summer (I am not a big fan, but considering that they are $400+ retail, a good deal). James Perse Tees run between $10-$30 when they are in stock. Valentino Uomo suits were running at $199 at one point. And I saw a super Neil Barrett jacket at $129 - would have gotten it if it was would've been in my size. Stick to Yoox for Gucci and Prada, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads