• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PDA/Blackberry or Pen & Paper?

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retronotmetro
The Blackberry is just a pocket email/calendar/address book device with a miniature thumb operated keyboard. It may or may not have the ability to make and place telephone calls. The real beauty is that it can be set up to work with corporate email accounts so that all the data in your mobile is duplicated on your computer, and vice versa.

The addictiveness factor of the Blackberry is just about the same as it is with keitai text messaging in Japan--once you have 'round the clock ability to send and receive emails, you may find yourself actually sending and receiving emails 'round the clock.

As I assumed, my keitai (mobile phone) makes the Blackberry obsolete. *****cat and I email fairly regularly. I can take pictures with the 2 megapixel camera and send them by email in a matter of seconds. It will even take 60-second videos. When I was last in the States, I got an email explaining how to place calls before I was even off the plane. It is Bluetooth capable. I can keep a schedule, memos, etc. Actually, I forget I own the thing most of the time. Must be a generational thing.

Oh, and here, once again, is the photo on my keitai screen.

santoni_custom.jpg

Vaclav

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red

santoni_custom.jpg

PCBF,

I like your shoes.

How is that problem, you were having with your face?

I have not read Andy's recent to see. I hope you're feeling again better.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vaclav
PCBF,

I like your shoes.

How is that problem, you were having with your face?

I have not read Andy's recent to see. I hope you're feeling again better.

My face is almost completely healed now. Thanks for asking.

And congratulations, Vaclav, on attaining Senior Member status!

Vaclav

Reaction score
My face is almost completely healed now. Thanks for asking.
I'm happy to know.
And congratulations, Vaclav, on attaining Senior Member status!
Thank you for telling, I didn't see. How did it happen?

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The requirements have become less stringent in the resurrected SF: 100 posts does it.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Still, I reserved my anger for all the incessant foreign jibberish cell phone babblers. Sorry, I may be a crude, unsophisticated American, but answering a cell phone during a lecture and chatting away in your mother tongue is bullshit.

The moral bankruptcy of the American right, neatly encapsulated in two sentences.

As someone who deals with 18-22 year olds daily, I assure you that no one group has a monopoly on such behaviors. However, it's also very easy for an instructor to control things, by codifying in advance what is unacceptable and actually doing what you say you will.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads