• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PBJ's 36 W Questions!

xperii

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been lurking on here for a few days and I've decided to become part of this very active community!

I've used the search function and havent really found what I'm looking for.. Everyone on here must be skinnier than I.
tounge.gif

I've been seriously considering my second pair of jeans, (currently working on Nudie RRDG's.. not sure if I'm happy with them..) I'm going to kind of list the jeans I do have and attempt to describe how they fit and hopefully you guys can help me out.
laugh.gif

I've been looking at the PBJ xx-005's and 004's... The thing is I wear size 36 in most jeans(after they stretch), and a 38 in levi's 527's (for reference) I am 6'1" tall and about 210 lbs. 32"-32.5" inseam. I ordered my nudies in a 36/34 and soaked them in hot water for about 20 mins and they lost 1.5 length. I'm hoping they loose a little more length with wash/wear (also for reference and I'm sure they will.) The only thing I don't like is that they are maybe a half inch or so to big behind the knee They just feel a little more roomier than I'm used to, so I'm hoping the pbj's are as tight as my prewash zatiny 8sm 36x32's which i've worn and stretched out and they fit me perfect now, just like the RRDG's pretty much but they are tighter in the legs. (and both pairs have stretched from 18" across the waist to 19.5, (I wear them on my hips mostly.)

My main questions are:

1. Can I expect the same results with a pair of PBJ's in the waist after a month or so of wear?

2. I want to order a one wash to be on the safe side, but do the inseams shrink even more? 32.5 is the MAX inseam I can use, 32's probably better, So if I order a one wash 36/34, (or are they 36/35.5?) I should probably have them take off one inch?

3. I know I don't have a pic of myself on here right now, but should a guy my size just steer clear of the straight cut 005's? everyones saying they're so tight and stuff, but my zatiny's have the same thigh measurement *I think* and I wear those just fine, but do you think the 005's would just look kinda weird on a bigger person?

Thats pretty much all I need to know. I'm selling my two pre washes and picking a pair of these up hopefully within the next week to have two dry's in rotation. Hopefully there's another larger guy on here with some experience with these particular jeans.

Thanks!

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
PBJs are very low rise. Be aware.

There is no reason someone of your size can't wear a straight cut and look fine.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Buy my size 36 pbj brand new click my sig.

xperii

Reaction score
I've read that about them, do you kn ow how they'd compare to a zatiny's/zathan rize?

I'm kind of used to wearing jeans on my hips which is another reason I'm not liking my RRDG's very much... used to my diesels, they are slim cut right?

xperii

Reaction score
jet - I'd like to but.. I need to sell my prewashes before I buy another pair of jeans, also - I'm sure I'll need to buy them from BiG so I can get them hemmed correctly... I live in Alaska and I'd never hand a pair of PBJ's to any seamstress in this town to make them shorter.
biggrin.gif

Kill_switch

Reaction score
I have some other questions regarding PBJ's and I thought I would go ahead and put them here.

I have no clue on my exact measurements, 31-30 Levi's 511 is the only fit I have to compare but I am looking to get into a pair of PBJ XX-005. According to the size chart on blueingreen and how they are shrink-to-fit I think I need to size up, maybe to a 31 or a 30? I have no idea how they shrink, can anyone provide information on them?

Size Chart:
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xperii
jet - I'd like to but.. I need to sell my prewashes before I buy another pair of jeans, also - I'm sure I'll need to buy them from BiG so I can get them hemmed correctly... I live in Alaska and I'd never hand a pair of PBJ's to any seamstress in this town to make them shorter.

biggrin.gif

No stress my man I understand.

xperii

Reaction score
Kill_switch - from reading other posts on this forum I'm going to guess and say most people will tell you to get 30's.
biggrin.gif

xperii

Reaction score
just bumping the thread, anyone have some answers?
biggrin.gif

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the PBJ's will be fine on you - for a person of your height, you can always hem the extra inseam if you don't like it (the hem is small enough that a little extra length shouldn't bother you too much) but you can't lengthen it if it's too short. You sound like you could wear the 36s alright, the jeans themselves will stretch, more so if they are tight to begin with.

next time though, small questions thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics