• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PBJ problems: back to the drawing board

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Just wondering how the PBJs fit you guys in the crotch after 2 weeks of wear? I've been wearing my 31s(i'm about a 31.5 true waist so i sorta sized down a half) for almost a week and they're a bit constricting in the crotch. I love the way they look, and i think it's just the fact that i'm not used to low rise jeans. It's more that they feel a bit constricting while walking around in them/sitting. Just curious and how yours fit in the beginningand a few weeks later. I love the look of the jean and was trying to figure out what to do. The thing is that i'm not sure if it's just the rise, and i need to get a different jean, if they'll stretch(if i soak them again and then wear them wet), or if 32s would do beter. The look of the jeans and the silhouette. The denim is fantastic looking color and texture wise. As far as jeans go do you guys know of anything similar with maybe a slightly higher rise? -samurai s0500 -eternal 811 -dior 19cm -flat head 3001 -johnbull 03 or 08 -skull 5010 6x6 -ande whall grifter The sammies seem like they'd do the trick but about $75 more than i'd like to spend. All the other jeans can be gotten for around $200. I like how slim the pbj005s look, but i don't know if i can suffer for my jeans in that way. I might just try to find someone to trade for a 32, or sell them and buy a 32 from a japanese bid service guy on sufu(since BiG is sold out). I'd just love to get feedback as braid and sauce look great in their pbjs and i know sauce sized down. They fit like this:

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Fullcount 1108 and Johnbull 03 are the first things I thought of - both having a higher rise. The Grifter maybe too, though it's on the low side. I doubt that you have a problem with low rise in general - it's more that the pbj is lower rise than most, and very tight through the ass/crotch/thigh. I just got a pair too, but my thighs and butt are thin relative to my waist/hips, so I never have this problem.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
i think it's just the fact that i'm not used to low rise jeans

Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but you do know you're supposed to slack them a bit, right? If you wear them at your waist they're bound to be uncomfortable.

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Not to insult your intelligence or anything, but you do know you're supposed to slack them a bit, right? If you wear them at your waist they're bound to be uncomfortable.
I think you mean slouch, and yeah, the XX-005 has a very shallow crotch and you need to have them slung quite low.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
C'mon guys. It's not like i'm holding my hand on the stove and asking why it's hot. I've been wearing them low(at or just below my hips). I wouldn't even be able to get these to my actual waist. Maybe i'll try to soak em' again and wear wet as i walk to the store to stretch them or something. A half inch in the rise would be perfect i think. Hopefully they'll stretch out as i like the look of the denim on these much more than the Flat Head 3001s and hte skulls(which seem to have the closest fit).

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I didn't actually size down--I bought them in my normal size, which is a 30. However, the legs were skin tight after a soak, so a 31 (if BiG'd had any) would probably have been preferable, though they've since stretched a bit, obviously.

I had the same problem at first, but I knew it was going to happen (thanks, SuFu), so I stretched the waist while the jeans were still damp from their initial soak, and constantly pulled them down on my hips for the first day or so, until they settled low enough that there was some room. The rise is low, but you can still wear 'em just a little slouchy.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sort of had the same issues with my Sorahiko. After wearing it for a few months, the crotch doesn't constrict anymore--or my junk has shrunk.
plain.gif

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I've been wearing them low(at or just below my hips)

Sorry.

Maybe you just have a bigger wang than I do...
fight[1].gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that crotch bulge (which i'm really surprised more people haven't brought attention to) on my PBJ's were unbearable. I had to sell mine. the rise measured really isn't even that low, it's just cut very weird....

sbbbjm

Reaction score
would sizing up one, be too big?

one thing i thing i think some people forget about on these forum is just because it fits you in the waist, doesn't mean it fits you. molding to your butt, quads and crotch isn't fitting -- its too tight. the same goes vice versa about sizing up in order for butt, quads and crotch fitting right but waist being too big ----

but seriously i've sized up on a few pairs of jeans and they have turned out fine after a wash, and are way flattering.

i don't understand all this buy them skin tight and they will stetch over time. all your left with is jeans that stretch yes but will shrink back down once you wash them.

tljenkin

Reaction score
I honestly think that the SDA 103s have this same problem. The rise is almost exactly the same as the s5000vx, but it feels like the sams have at least 4 extra inches in the crotch area. It defies physics. It may have something to do with the cut in the thigh...

I would say just go nuts and get the sams.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
i don't understand all this buy them skin tight and they will stetch over time. all your left with is jeans that stretch yes but will shrink back down once you wash them.
While I generally don't recommend buying jeans "skin tight" (my PBJs were my one exception, and I didn't realize they'd get THAT tight after the hot soak), this sounds--no offense intended--like you don't have that much experience with dry denim. All of my dry denim has shrunk back down after a wash, then promptly ballooned out to right where it was before the wash within a matter of hours, at most. "Skin tight" is usually too tight, depending on the look you're going for, but if you buy a pair that fits you exactly as you want to in the store, you're going to end up with a much looser pair of jeans than you thought you were buying. Which is also fine, just know what you're getting into.

mikesduc

Reaction score
For reference I wear 33 in SDA's, 32 in Sammie's, 32 in Fullcount and 34 in PBJ xx005 so take that for what it's worth. None are uber-tight except the Sam 710 but it's supposed to be and it feels great on my gigantic member!
devil.gif

So if you want tight legs but room for your junk I say get the Samurai 710. The 5000 is cut looser and to get it tight like the PBJ's you'd be right back where you started.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tljenkin
I would say just go nuts

No pun intended.
rimshot.gif

My earlier post might have been funnier if I'd bothered to read DnWs post and noticed he already made a wang size joke.
frown.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tljenkin
I honestly think that the SDA 103s have this same problem. The rise is almost exactly the same as the s5000vx, but it feels like the sams have at least 4 extra inches in the crotch area. It defies physics. It may have something to do with the cut in the thigh...

I would say just go nuts and get the sams.

the sda 103's fit me fine, the PBJ xx003...not a good scene..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics