• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PayPal - Francos / FIHTies

InPa

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why don't either of you accept paypal as a method of payment?

Just wondering.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good question - I'd have to plead stupid on this one. I don't know much about paypal. We are a bricks-and-mortor store here in Richmond, and Paypal, as I understand it, is meant for web based payment. I don't set up the web site business environment, but I will ask Franco about it.

Actually, on a related note, we might have to reconsider AmEx as a web payment method. We were just informed that AmEx no longers refunds the fee we pay them on returns. I forget what that percentage is exactly, but on large purchases that are returned, we would really lose out.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I wont plead stupidity here I will leave that for RIDER
wow.gif
but I will say that I didnt want to go through the hassle (whatever that means, OK OK I plead stupidity) of setting up the account for a business one and after 500 a month thats what you have to do. I do have the ability of taking payments via [email protected] although I have never done it yet. RIDER: Amex is in the area of 2.95-3.25% significantly higher than V/MC. What do you mean that they no longer refund the discount on refunds?

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean that they no longer refund the discount on refunds?

Someone buys $1000.00 worth of merchandise from you, pays with AmEx. You get the fee deducted from the bank transfer. Customer returns merchandise. You credit the customers AmEx, they keep the original fee.

Franco just told me about it. He found it when reconciling statements, called, and that's the deal now.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you serious? Since when?
At least PayPal refunds the fees. Might be better to process your Amex through them. I've got my PayPal costs waaaaaay down - below MC/V. PM if you're interested.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Are you serious? Since when?
At least PayPal refunds the fees. Might be better to process your Amex through them. I've got my PayPal costs waaaaaay down - below MC/V. PM if you're interested.
Does that mean I can afford the minimum of 6 shirts now? Or do I still have to save a couple years salaries for that?

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course you can. PayPal has a new feature where regular automated billing can be set up. You know, say $19.95 per week for, say 10-12 years should just about do it. It should work out well. The first month, you'll receive a cuff. Second month, the left sleeve, and so on.
biggrin.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Okay great. I'll come by the shop and you can measure my wrist. Next month you can measure my arm.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday. Regency Hotel. 62nd & Park. 8pm. See you there.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Off topic... I just love this forum on days like this - information, joking around among friends, advice/assistance given and none of the contentious bullshit that occasionally pollutes the fora.

Thanks to all for that. So much nicer when we achieve the neighborhood bar atmosphere.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cusey - you bring the the Hirsch to NYC ($75), go home with 1/2 the bottle in your liver and a tie around your neck. Any questions?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads