• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart's holiday catalog

ColeFieldHouse

Reaction score
My personal concern with Group 2: they're just too flashy for a young office worker. I think some of what Paul Stuart does with the silks is neat, but I sense that they would be looked down upon by some of my older colleagues.

Group 1, on the other hand, offers more palatable choices for me as a junior worker. The first tie in that group is too tweedy for the office, but the other three shouldn't draw the same kind of notice that Group 2 ties would.

Other than that, it's a personal preference thing to me. It's nice to have a shop that offers both.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
It's weird. Whoever selects the ties must be schizophrenic. These are beautiful:
1533748.jpg
150679930.jpg
156391241.jpg
1574952.jpg
And these are so ugly they make puppies cry:
156396060.jpg
15624716166.jpg
156247340001.jpg
1506802.jpg

Went into Paul Stuart to see for myself. In the bottom group, the top one is indeed dull, the next one and the other color ways like it aren't terrible, not my choice, but could work. The third one is a nice tie. The bottom one I couldn't find in the time I had. I didn't bother to look at the top 4 because they are iGent.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Went into Paul Stuart to see for myself. In the bottom group, the top one is indeed dull, the next one and the other color ways like it aren't terrible, not my choice, but could work. The third one is a nice tie. The bottom one I couldn't find in the time I had. I didn't bother to look at the top 4 because they are iGent.
You should check out Kabbaz' site. He has a lot of non-iGent ties you might like.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You should check out Kabbaz' site. He has a lot of non-iGent ties you might like.

I hope someone posts a picture of the "kabbaz flag", that black and white pic of the clown, for some reason the pic brings a smile to my face.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I don't like any of those Paul Stuart ties. As a matter of fact, over the years I have always noticed that I do not ever like any Paul Stuart ties, and the last time I checked one (a few years back), the quality was quite mediocre.

I often like the designs, but I agree that I have found the quality lacking. I own, I think, two, and they are OK.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did i say i liked those Paul Stuart ties? Actually a lot of the ties they had in the case were superior to the ones in these photos. In any case, i am getting my ties made these days, no time for rtw neck raggerie
wink.gif
The Seward ones are too "Hat, cane, trunk, train" for me. When I want boldness, i also want talent which is why i would choose the Duchamp ties.

pscolari

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have you noticed the similarity between the non iGent ties and the clown faces and clothing? It is uncanny.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics