• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart

Jmca1

Reaction score
Does Paul Stuart ever have a sale? I saw the Phillip Donegal Sport Jacket, but I cannot pay retail! If anyone could let me know if I need to bide my time, or find another designer, I would appreciate it. Also, if they do the sale thing, what do they normally do? 25% 40% 50%?

Thanks

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS has a sale coming up in December. It usually starts on December 26th. I've gone the last 2 years and have been pleased with the selection. Don't miss their "cooper" collared shirts. Prices aren't crazy -- but you can expect 25-40% off or so.

andyw

Reaction score
....nice jacket, I have my eye on the same Phineas Cole jacket, along with the matching trousers. You might not find enough selection come sale time. The PC line is made in small lots. Good luck!

kaxixi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If previous years are any indication, PC may not go on sale, or will be hard to find if it does. However, this year's sales may be better than past years' due to economic conditions.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyw
....nice jacket, I have my eye on the same Phineas Cole jacket, along with the matching trousers. You might not find enough selection come sale time. The PC line is made in small lots. Good luck!

Just picked up this suit and it rocks!! I'll try to post some photos later. That make 5 Phineas suits this season and I'm doing my best to not go back for more.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

andyw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Just picked up this suit and it rocks!! I'll try to post some photos later. That make 5 Phineas suits this season and I'm doing my best to not go back for more.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Hope you did not clean out size 38. I better get there tomorrow to avoid getting skunked.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hope you did not clean out size 38. I better get there tomorrow to avoid getting skunked.

Nah...I'm doing 40L in Phineas which is a damn near a perfect fit. So far I've done the brown nail head, the solid navy flannel, the black/gray POW plaid, the rust donegal tweed and a peak lapel in grayish taupe with a lavender pinstripe.

Give my regards to Manolo and Rick!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

andyw

Reaction score
Nah...I'm doing 40L in Phineas which is a damn near a perfect fit. So far I've done the brown nail head, the solid navy flannel, the black/gray POW plaid, the rust donegal tweed and a peak lapel in grayish taupe with a lavender pinstripe.

Give my regards to Manolo and Rick!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Will do, Manolo is my main contact and the man!

I'm trailing you but have gotten the powder finish navy suit, the black pinstripe suit and brown nailhead. Best fit of any OTR suit I have ever owned.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Will do, Manolo is my main contact and the man!

I'm trailing you but have gotten the powder finish navy suit, the black pinstripe suit and brown nailhead. Best fit of any OTR suit I have ever owned.

All great choices!! I can't agree more on the fit and cut, damn near perfection. The trousers are light years better than any other RTW option I've found and fit me as well as my bespoke.

I bought a bunch of the shirts and ties last week, too. The burgundy windowpane shirt is especially good.

Please do give Manolo my regards. Who is your fitter? I've been exceptionally pleased with Steven.

andyw

Reaction score
All great choices!! I can't agree more on the fit and cut, damn near perfection. The trousers are light years better than any other RTW option I've found and fit me as well as my bespoke.

I bought a bunch of the shirts and ties last week, too. The burgundy windowpane shirt is especially good.

Please do give Manolo my regards. Who is your fitter? I've been exceptionally pleased with Steven.

Yes, Steven is also my fitter. While I prefer Manolo, he has a tag team member - Mario who I beleive is the senior salesperson.

The trouser fit is exquisite and superior to anything I've put on OTR. The shoulders, sleeve proportion and armhole location on tye jacket are perfect for me.

I love the irridescent red/green lining!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, Steven is also my fitter. While I prefer Manolo, he has a tag team member - Mario who I beleive is the senior salesperson.

The trouser fit is exquisite and superior to anything I've put on OTR. The shoulders, sleeve proportion and armhole location on tye jacket are perfect for me.

I love the irridescent red/green lining!

My sales guy is Rick for tailored stuff and Manolo for all the accessories, though he spends as much time with me on selection as Rick. Manolo really wears the line well, too.

The donegal coat has a repp silk twill under collar!

andyw

Reaction score
The donegal coat has a repp silk twill under collar!

.....quirky feature just like Etro........all right, can't wait.

andyw

Reaction score
Bummed out, went to the store today and learned this jacket/trouser combination is sold out in 38. Only two jackets left; no more stock coming in.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads