• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul stuart

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I defer to the tailors for the advice on this particular matter. That said, Paul Stuart is one of only two men's store in American that gets my business. For me it's more about their accessories offerings and the customer service.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if Paul Stuart is having a black Friday promo?

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ AFAIK, none....

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Construction, i.e., actual sewing, does not differ.

Maybe there is some handwork in certain models.

What differs is as follows:

- Silhouette. PS has their own models which Sammy does not sell under the Sammy label. The cuts of the PS suits are exclusively PS's

- Fabric. PS selects its own fabric..it is not stock Sammy fabric

Best way to think of it is as though PS is doing CMT with Sammy as the manufacturer.

Does PS typically select better fabric in their OTR suits than you would find in Canadian stores (eg. HR)?

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on an Isaia made model at PS a few years ago.
A PS exclusive cut I think, becuase it was different from the Isaias carried
at other stores. It was also around $6k at the time. Beautiful suit.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anybody know who makes PS shoes?

They use different makers which is the reason for the various price points. They wouldn't divulge the maker to me other than they were made in Spain but I bought a pair anyway. Although they were Blake stitched, the leather on them is exceptional and they quickly became one of my favourite go to pairs.

forseti6

Reaction score

Does anybody know who makes PS shoes?

I know Grenson makes some. I think the more expensive "Stuart's Choice" are Gaziano & Girling.

Usually when I ask the salesmen who makes them, though, they get an attitude and refuse to tell me.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I was there the salesman noticed my shoes were looking a bit dry. I said I haven't had a chance to polish them in NY and haven't seen any stands. He walked over to the counter, retrieved some brown shoe polish and polished them for me. I was impressed.

forseti6

Reaction score

No, the stuart's choice are still mainly Grenson. C&j also make for them. The limited edition shoes that retail for $1148 are G&G.

Thanks for correcting me. That's what I meant, I just got the different lines mixed up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads