• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart shoes

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Grenson does their PC shoes but that price seems way too low for Grenson. Plus it doesn't say made in England.

Last edited:

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
I asked them once and they didn't seem to want to talk about it -- I can't remember if they're made it Italy or Spain but it's one of the two. These are definitely at the bottom of the ladder in Paul Stuart's shoe department ( compared to G&G, Grenson Masterpiece and C&J).

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I asked them once and they didn't seem to want to talk about it -- 1. I can't remember if they're made it Italy or Spain but it's one of the two. 2.These are definitely at the bottom of the ladder in Paul Stuart's shoe department ( compared to G&G, Grenson Masterpiece and C&J).

1. does this really matter, imo?
2. price is not the only factor to determine quality, is it?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is why the OP is trying to determine the maker. To see if it's worth a go without actually being able to inspect the shoe prior to purchase.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
That's a fair point Fritzl -- price shouldn't be the final indicator of quality and nor should the location of production. I've handled these shoes in person and I'll still say that they just don't seem as nice as some of the other shoes that Paul Stuart sells. The last is also way too pointy but that's just a personal preference.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a fair point Fritzl -- price shouldn't be the final indicator of quality and nor should the location of production. I've handled these shoes in person and I'll still say that they just don't seem as nice as some of the other shoes that Paul Stuart sells. The last is also way too pointy but that's just a personal preference.

you know that i trust your expertise. the sole/heel and the toe spring looks very well made, though.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Most of their Phineas shoes are made in Spain. I have a (different) pair of their PC shoes, and they're nice for the price.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? The ones I've seen were Grenson on the 107 last. Have they made a switch for PC?

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing this is why the OP is trying to determine the maker. To see if it's worth a go without actually being able to inspect the shoe prior to purchase.

I am trying to determine the maker to decide if I should go and see them. Price is not the determinate factor, but because brands have a reputation of quality, I would like to know.

I appreciate all of the responses.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score

Really? The ones I've seen were Grenson on the 107 last. Have they made a switch for PC?

The sales guy I spoke with this winter told me the PC shoes were made in Spain/Italy (honestly I can't remember which) so I'm going on that assumption. I picked up the surrounding shoes next to this one and they didn't resemble the Grenson Masterpiece shoes that I'm used to from Paul Stuart.

Safest bet is to call the shoe department and confirm.

Last edited:

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The sales guy I spoke with this winter told me the PC shoes were made in Spain/Italy (honestly I can't remember which) so I'm going on that assumption. I picked up the surrounding shoes next to this one and they didn't resemble the Grenson Masterpiece shoes that I'm used to from Paul Stuart.
Safest bet is to call the shoe department and confirm.

Unfortunately the shoe department people aren't the most knowledgeable or they are holding on to it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads