Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the expert advice. I still think I'll hold off, if they're not already gone. But when the budget does stretch, I'll know. Next clothing payment is going to be for my Vaish suit. http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....h;st=40

2. cpac

cpac Senior member

thinking of heading over there in a short bit.

Anybody notice if they had any extra-tall suits on the racks there? (specifically 44-x-tall)

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Funny story from the sale today... While I was looking at suits a woman stopped me and admitted she had a silly question. She thought the sample sale was for "Paul Smith," who she "loved." She didn't know "who" Paul Stuart was. I explained they had a store on Madison, that the clothes were superior to Paul Smith. She was thrilled, and ran off to find her husband.

4. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

I saw a few, 2 or three were gorgeous including a Blue and White pin.

5. cpac

cpac Senior member

excellent.

44's I hope.

I may just have to take a late afternoon break for an hour or so.

6. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

(tgfny @ April 12 2005,13:23) I saw a few, 2 or three were gorgeous including a Blue and White pin.
    excellent. 44's I hope. I may just have to take a late afternoon break for an hour or so.
    The pin was either a 43 or 44 Xtra tall.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

$500 for Isaia and St. Andrews? Â [​IMG] Â My wallet thanks Paul Stuart for being located in NYC and not DC.

8. Buster

Buster Senior member

zjpj83 (or anyone else),

Do you think your middle shoes (i.e. the 3rd pair of shoes in your photos) will go with a pair of jeans. I tried, but could not convince myself (read: my wife) that it works.

B

9. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

So, here's my thought -- getting incredible deals on suits are, while not a dime a dozen, not an incredibly rare thing.  It happens at least on a regular basis.

However, very rarely can you find Grensons for $180 what appears to be an incredible range of sizes, colors, and styles.  We've seen something like this twice in the past 9 months -- Bennies and this event.  

How often can we hope for something like this to come along?

Also, I don't get why Paul Stuart didn't hold a "fire sale" itself? If the goods were so great, and flew out the door so quickly, why not just do a Louis Boston type deal in its own space?

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

The brown wholecuts? I don't think they would look right with jeans. They're great shoes, but I think they're too sleek for that. If they were suede, perhaps.

11. sashae

sashae Senior member

I tend to agree... the tan wholecuts I picked up are absolutely beautiful, and I -may- try to work them in with slim jeans, but for the most part they're probably suit/slacks shoes.

-s

12. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

(von Rothbart @ April 12 2005,15:00) Most suits are Samuelsohn but there're some decent selections of Isaia and St. Andrews. Â At $500 they're steal. Â Fortunately, none of my sizes.
    $500 for Isaia and St. Andrews? Â [​IMG] Â My wallet thanks Paul Stuart for being located in NYC and not DC.
    Those are Italian made Stuart Choice, I recognize their labels they're from Isaia and SA with unfinished sleeves. Every suits $1500 or above are now $500.

13. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

This has just ruined my day, guys. [​IMG] Oh, well, like AC I can take solace that I'm have more money for a down payment on a house now.

14. Buster

Buster Senior member

zjpj83 and sashe,

Thanks. That's what I thought. When do you usually wear tan/brown wholecuts? What color of suit/ slacks?

B

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

You can also take comfort in the fact that you don't have to explain to your wife how you "objectively need" 5 pairs of new shoes and 3 new suits. Â [​IMG]