Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Not very long at all (not even looping outside) Just to make clear: Grenson Masterpieces are $180 and the selection is very large. Suits are generally between $300 and $400. Sport jackets ~$200 Ties are 5 for $60, 10 for $100, mostly 100% cashmere (...) Outerwear includes some suede stuff, some nylon stuff, some tweed stuff. Not really any standard wool overcoats. Prices are equally silly. I spent so much my bank called me 30 seconds after I had left the building to confirm the purchase. [​IMG]

2. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Too bad I am out of town this week; otherwise, I would join the madness. Would be interested to know about the selection of the Grenson Masterpiece shoes, overcoats, odd trousers, and accessories (socks, cuff links, belts, braces, gloves, scarves, hats, etc.). Never was a big fan of their sports coats, ties, RTW shirts, sweaters, casual shirts. I thinks PS excels at accessories.

3. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

I think you just became my new personal hero. [​IMG]

4. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

So will we all be running into eachother at lunchtime??? Who makes their ties? Quality/

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The ties are fine. As I say, mostely woolens are there. Retail is around $80 or $90. At 5 for $60, you can't really go wrong. Here's a selection of mine. There are lots of colorful ones like these. [​IMG]

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Okay, now I'm itching to get away. Thanks.

7. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

(Buster @ April 12 2005,07:45) Is there still a line to get in? B
    Not very long at all (not even looping outside) Just to make clear: Grenson Masterpieces are $180 and the selection is very large. Suits are generally between $300 and $400. Â Sport jackets ~$200 Ties are 5 for $60, 10 for $100, mostly 100% cashmere (...) Outerwear includes some suede stuff, some nylon stuff, some tweed stuff. Â Not really any standard wool overcoats. Â Prices are equally silly. I spent so much my bank called me 30 seconds after I had left the building to confirm the purchase. Â [​IMG]
    I hope those Alden shells are giving you blisters, Z. [​IMG] Are those the ties you bought today?

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Go ahead and skip out of work and head down there, johnnynorman. Â You know you want to. Â [​IMG]

9. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Just came back from this event. Got there at around 10:20-10:30 and the line was snaking around already. Finally got inside but to my dismay, most of the size were medium and up. Very little selection of small sizes, if any. They did however have some bolts of fabric on sale. One of them seem to be a nice simple windowpane, grey cloth with a very fine red windowpane design on them. I believe it was going for $100. Must have been like more then half of bolt of fabric remaining. A steal I would say. A HUGE selection of shoes. I personally went in search if they had any spring raincoats on sale but none in my size and the selection in that department was a bit lacking. Large selection of knitwear and trousers.... Argg again none in my size. People were leaving with bags and bags full, probably suit and sportcoats.

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Yeah, I got the ties today. I posted pics of my new linen spectators in the spectator thread. Here are some other nice examples. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. johnnynorman3

Believe me, AC, after the last two weeks I've had I'm about ready to leave for good.

12. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Arg, the line was ridiculous, but it was worth it. Good selection of shoes including Stuart's Choice. Lots of suits and a fair number of sport coats. Much smaller selection of outerwear, ties, and belts. Socks, undershirts, and sweaters were available. The checkout line was packed with guys buying 3 and 4 suits at a time. This is a good sale.

dan

13. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Damn Zack,
    All those shoes? I could have easily spent 3k... but for lack of gainful employment, I snagged 2 of the very short supply 4-season 36S suits, 1 Stuart Choice brown captoe, and a 1 regular line Chukka boot for next winter. Where did you find those wholecuts? I asked for them specifically? We must have got there around the same time (I was the 2nd person out the door when it opened). Back to class...

NCT

14. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

So you were the one that swiped the 36S suits.... Grrrr... [​IMG]

15. johnnynorman3

Are we likely to ever see a sale like this again?