Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. sashae

sashae Senior member

The Hickey-Freeman sale run by the same people is in a few weeks, so that ought to be interesting as well.

-s

2. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

Any souls trekking to the sale for the dregs?? Please pick up that infernal 43R brown suit.

3. sashae

sashae Senior member

Oscar, I'll go take a peek -- it's literally around the corner for me. 43R, brown, ticket pocket right?

-s

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Someone pleeeaaaze take that 45L or semi-L navy pinstripe double vents with very light, soft and silky wool fabric. I forgot to look at the inside label but it's Italian made with very extensive handworks, so it gotta be SA or Isaia. It's either $200 or 250.

5. marc237

marc237 Senior member

Oh my. Just got back. Lovely sportcoat - tan and beige - silk 3 rolls to 2 - FIFTY DOLLARS

A lovely window pane, double vent, DB - $225. Usually more than $1200.

A grey pinstripe 3-button, double vented - should have been $175.00, was accidentally charged $100.00. Who am I to complain. The guy caught the error and then looked at me and said, don't worry about it. I promised I wouldn't. By 4:10 p.m. the staff was running on vapors and would have given the customers money to make us go away.

6. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

(johnnynorman3 @ April 15 2005,13:02) . . . at Dorsia.
    Even some of the senior guys at Dorsia were there on the first day.
    Damn straight. [​IMG]

7. sashae

sashae Senior member

Looked like a plague of locusts had been through since this morning. Oscar, sorry to say the only 42/43R remaining was a yellow/cream/green silk plaid monstrosity which I figured was probably not worth inflicting upon you. Sorry :/

-s

8. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

A true forumer. Thanks. When they have the attolini/lattanzi sample sale here, I'll gladly reciprocate.

-Thanks once again.

9. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior member

Normally when a thread is this long, it's a flame war. [​IMG]

10. Patrick Bateman

Any final reports from last-minute shoppers?

11. sashae

sashae Senior member

It's all over but the cryin' (over the cc bills [​IMG] -s

12. Patrick Bateman

Thank god for my tax refund...

13. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

The sale is now officially over like a fabulous party finally comes to an end.  When I walked out the door around 4pm, I felt relieved.  Like a tour of European cultural & shopping capitals, it's intense, rewarding and exhausting.  Now we can all go back to our daily routine, and lick our wounds when the credit bills come next month.

14. redtree00

redtree00 Senior member

I promised myself I would not go, they don't have shoes in my size and I don't need any more suits. At 4:15 sitting in my office reading this damn forum ...... I called my wife so she can convince me not to go, didn't work.... I got there after 4:30 and boy did I do some damage. I am glad I didn't go all week. Odd trousers all reduced to $25 (probably 50 left in my size), odd jackets for $50, $75 and $100 (bought all left in my size 48T & 48MT), suits mostly under $175 with a few for $225 (bought all the side vented in my size except for a tan/olive heavy gabardine). There were a lot of beautiful size 46 suits left and many odd trousers in all the larger sizes. No shoes, ties or anything else worth mentioning left. I am scared to think what it was like the first few days, even the so called left over dregs were nice. Got to go soak my hands, they are killing me from schlepping all those bags  [​IMG]

15. kabert

kabert Senior member

Amazing, Red..... I would've done the same thing had I been up there. At $25 for odd trousers, it's almost worth it just to buy it (even if not your size) and then donate it claiming a $350 deduction.

I must say I'm a little surprised there doesn't appear to be anything at all from the sale yet on EBay.