1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Much more modestly:

My new PS socks.

Added value is provided by the way the background screen is showing this actual thread.

[​IMG]

2. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

can someone clarify something for me

i bought a pair of Stuarts Choice made in england shoes at the sale yesterday - and presumed they were Grenson Masteriece shoes, but there are some pople who said that they were EG in posts. Can someone clarify, or at least tell me what to look for to tell the difference.

3. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

can someone clarify something for me

i bought a pair of Stuarts Choice made in england shoes at the sale yesterday - and presumed they were Grenson Masteriece shoes, but there are some pople who said that they were EG in posts. Can someone clarify, or at least tell me what to look for to tell the difference.

They are Grenson Masterpiece level shoes. EG made Stuart's Choice shoes a decade ago.

Anyone been to the sale this morning? Any markdowns?

4. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

Sportcoats further marked down (orig. $784, now $279, etc). Further markdowns on sportswear as well. I picked up a couple of Japanese made polo shirts and my first bolt of fabric for $75 (hard for me to market a Saturday trip to TipTop as a family excursion). So I'm thinking this wool/cashmere blend will make a nice pair of fall/winter pants. Should I call Mr. Rodriguez of Staten Island, Mr. Ned, some other CMT option? Your thoughts welcomed.

5. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Sportcoats further marked down (orig. $784, now $279, etc). Further markdowns on sportswear as well. I picked up a couple of Japanese made polo shirts and my first bolt of fabric for $75 (hard for me to market a Saturday trip to TipTop as a family excursion). So I'm thinking this wool/cashmere blend will make a nice pair of fall/winter pants. Should I call Mr. Rodriguez of Staten Island, Mr. Ned, some other CMT option? Your thoughts welcomed.
    I suggest calling Dario only if you have a pair of trousers he can copy. I'm a little less than impressed with his work when he does the measuring.

6. seok

seok Senior member

a friend of mine who went says Grenson MPs are still priced at $250. i think i'll be selling a few pairs of Grenson MPs that i haven't worn on Buying & Selling...

the selection of ties, though $100 for 10, was not very exciting, i hear. some paisley and other generally loud patterns.

7. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I just find their ties quite thin. For $10 a tie, if you need ties, who cares. But I don't need ties, so I don't need to stock up on mediocre ones

8. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

I suggest calling Dario only if you have a pair of trousers he can copy. I'm a little less than impressed with his work when he does the measuring.

A friend of mine called Dario over the weekend try to schedule an appointment, but was told he is going to surgery and not taking any more orders for a while.

9. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

Thanks for the info. I seem to recall that there's a fellow in Chinatown who also does this work. . . I have a pair that I'd like copied, which might help the process.

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

further reductions tomorrow, apparently

11. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

further reductions tomorrow, apparently

Anyone want to meet there around lunch time?

12. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I just find their ties quite thin. For $10 a tie, if you need ties, who cares. But I don't need ties, so I don't need to stock up on mediocre ones

I'm sure you mean the selection was thin. The ties are wide as ever.

Even in the first hour of the sale, the ties on offer at the sale were eccentric, at best.

For a selection that is both more attractive and thinner [in width], check my remaining stock of Paul Stuart ties here. Prices are comparable to those at the PS sale, plus I ship to you:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=32163

13. rajesh06

rajesh06 Senior member

Given your shoe collection, for me, meeting you would be like a Catholic meeting the Pope. I am not sure I could handle it. [​IMG]

14. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I might make an incognito appearance [​IMG]

15. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

I'm sure you mean the selection was thin. The ties are wide as ever.

A tie can be thin or thick, wide or narrow.

16. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

A tie can be thin or thick, wide or narrow.

Yes, but the PS ties at the sale were around 3.75 inches.

17. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I'll be there in the morning. Have my eye on a few pairs...

18. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Yes, but the PS ties at the sale were around 3.75 inches.

I believe that Zip was referring to the ties thickness (caused by multiple folds or heavy interlining) not their width.

19. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I believe that Zip was referring to the ties thickness (caused by multiple folds or heavy interlining) not their width.

correct. I find them too thin and do not make nice hefty knots.

20. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Ah.

I sit corrected.