1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Stuart Choice shoes havent been made by Edward Green for at least 6-7 years, I'm guessing it's closer to 10.

It's around 10.

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

This sale got a big "MEH" from me. Three years ago was much better. Some nice stuff, but not as large a selection as before, and certainly not as much high end stuff.

3. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Senior member

I think I was in line behind Norcal and another forumite . . . I had on the EG Barksdales in Edwardian antique . . .
    Too bad I didn't know that was you. Norcal and I noticed your Barksdales, nice! Next time we can properly meet.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Was norcal in the knit tie and double monks? That chap was very stylish.

5. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

That was Chorse, I was the relaxed looking Asian guy in the blue sweater vest, jeans, and Tod's drivers. It's called my "nerdy" shopper look.

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

This sale got a big "MEH" from me. Three years ago was much better. Some nice stuff, but not as large a selection as before, and certainly not as much high end stuff.

In my opinion, the problem is that they waited only two years. Now that Soiffer-Haskin has this dedicated location, they have more motivation to throw a sale whenever possible. Most of the sales at the new place have been less than stellar, though I did well at Hickey Freeman.

Was norcal in the knit tie and double monks? That chap was very stylish.

Thank you. That was me.

7. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm dropping by around 1-1:30 to try to pick up something for a forum member. $250 for the SC's is a bit steep, or maybe I've just become incredibly cheap given ebay, this forum and the great local bragain shopping.

8. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

9. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

As of two weeks ago, Bergdorf was selling a very similar looking pair by Vass for $599. Sizes 8.5 and 9.5 only.

Are you sure? I practically live at the BG shoe dept and I never saw a Vass that even remotely resembled that shoe. The only $599 Vass of the last few months were the monk, calf captoe, a horrible boot and a suede/calf captoe.

10. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

11. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Where these on sale? http://www.paulstuart.com/Product/Pr...?id=725&cid=81
    No, at least not as far as I saw. They had the half calf half suede version that Bennies had a while back. A plain toe, with a stitching that recalled (I think) the Stowe in the old Masterpiece line. [​IMG] They were pretty sweet. I can't recall if the suede covered the whole heel.

12. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

posted this in the sale section by accident:

i thought the sale was ok but i really wanted a suit and they had nothing in a 36r, and i passed up a couple suits at the barneys sale...oh well, live and learn

and i should have bought more shoe trees.......stupid mistake

13. StockwellDay

No, at least not as far as I saw. They had the half calf half suede version that Bennies had a while back. A plain toe, with a stitching that recalled (I think) the Stowe in the old Masterpiece line.
    [​IMG]
    They were pretty sweet. I can't recall if the suede covered the whole heet.

Yes, I picked up a pair of these. They are called the Robinson (half leather/suede) and if "heet" refers to the area below the stitching that runs parallel to the laces and then on to the back of the shoe - then yes, it does cover the whole heet.

14. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I meant heel. Good job on inventing a location for the heet, though. I think I should start using that.

15. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Same. I walked away empty handed. Chorse's chukkas were the only thing I thought about. I decided to pass because it was slightly too big for me. It is a great find though. I guess after a number of these kind of sales, it takes more to pry money out of my hands. [​IMG]

16. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

I got two pairs of shell cordovan stuarts choice. The first is a burgundy plaintoe blucher that will send the Aldens to the back of the closet for a little while. The second is a black captoe oxford with a single sole, and very sleek for shell. These were marked 850 and 900 retail, but I don't recall these prices from the last couple of seasons at Paul Stuart. I'll post a pic on the shoe thread when I get a chance.

If anyone had any interest in black croc penny loafers and brown croc bit loafers, there were several pairs around for 250. Black and brown in 11, etc. There were a fair amount of 11 and 11.5 brown brogues and loafers in narrow widths like C and B. Several pairs of shell cordovan penny loafers as well in 10.5,11, and 11.5

The suit selection was thin in 41 and 42.

17. StockwellDay

Same. I walked away empty handed. Chorse's chukkas were the only thing I thought about. I decided to pass because it was slightly too big for me. It is a great find though. I guess after a number of these kind of sales, it takes more to pry money out of my hands. [​IMG]

I thought I saw a nice parka in your hands for a while. I really liked that. What happened?

18. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

Any news on size 12-13 shoes? I would love to have someone mule for me if there was anything in shell @ that price (black or color #8).

19. fassbinder

fassbinder Senior member

I got two pairs of shell cordovan stuarts choice. The first is a burgundy plaintoe blucher that will send the Aldens to the back of the closet for a little while. .

I also got a pair of shells, burgundy captoe bals with a retail of $900, in 9.5. There was also nice tasel loafer shells in that size but not my style. Alden fans may want to take a look.