Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

I wonder if that was the blue nail head that was featured on one of the last pages of the Fall '04 catalogue. That was a great-looking suit.

2. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

Yeah, carrying 5 bags full of shoes and one full of clothes was daunting for me and I'm a 9 glove size, I imagine your hands are a bit smaller. Taxi couldn't come quickly enough.

3. Patrick Bateman

I am so jealous of you guys....if I showed up to work with a bunch of shopping bags people would think I was insane. Wish I could've bought more....

4. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

(tgfny @ April 15 2005,07:34) Nice, in 42L? Got two suits, same cut as yours the first day. A gray flannel that was so lush I was convinced it was cashmere orig $1897 but they charged $400 for it, and a nail head blue suit that was down from $1447. both were 3L's
    I wonder if that was the blue nail head that was featured on one of the last pages of the Fall '04 catalogue. That was a great-looking suit.
    I think it's the one. There a pic of it about?

5. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

PB,

One steal I found yesterday was a gorgeous gold, paisley robe in silk. $150 from around $1500. Saw another guy try it on and had to have it, so my salesman walked up to him and said "that's just way too big on you, you can't get it." Guy reluctantly took it off and he hung it on the rack where I snatched it. Turns out it was misplaced on the 1st day of the sale (at $400 then) and was found yesterday afternoon. Anything worth going for for people our size?

6. cpac

cpac Senior member

If anybody heads back today and wouldn't mind taking a glance at whether there are any more 44XL suits or size 13 shoes left, I'd appreciate it.

7. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

I'm gonna go this PM. PM me with your number and I can call you from there.

8. sashae

sashae Senior member

Did anyone else find the wholecut shoes a bit narrow? I put mine on this morning and walked around the house, and I'm thinking I should have probably gotten 10.5D... ugh. Hopefully some foot binding will help :/

-s

9. Patrick Bateman

That's awesome.... Too bad for the other guy, but hey, that's New York for ya.

As far the 42L and thereabouts, there's a nice-looking DB Navy, and a brown pinstripe (the stripes about 1/4" apart) with a subtle herringbone pattern. looked nice, was $225. I tried it on, it fit perfectly, but I decided not to pull the trigger. There's also a nice brown suit (kinda like a windowpane but closer together, very subtle) in a lighter fabric, in I believe 43R.

The pickings for sportcoats are slimmer, lots of pastels and some tweedy plaid jackets that are a little too much for me.

For people roughly our size, it doesn't seem worth going for the shoes at this point.

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

(zjpj83 @ April 15 2005,07:44) Hitman and all, Everything up to a size 8 is now $25. I pretty much cleaned them out. Funny thing is I also had a bunch of 8 1/2s for myself in the stack (now at $75). The salesman who has been helping me all three days and who I know from the actual PS store carried my bags to the register with me. The register people started opening my boxes to check sizes in order to determine the price. My salesman told them "No, they are all $25." So, I got them all for $25. I have a few 7s that I am going to sell, and perhaps some others that aren't to my taste. All in all, I couldn't believe it. Had to take a cab ride home and had a lot of trouble because I couldn't carry everything. Anyway, there it is. Great start to the day. I'll let you know what I don't want to keep this afternoon. Oh, and an awesome suit marked from $1284 to $275
    Do you have the 7D Black wholecut?
    Yes.

11. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

(tgfny @ April 15 2005,07:57) PB, One steal I found yesterday was a gorgeous gold, paisley robe in silk. $150 from around $1500. Saw another guy try it on and had to have it, so my salesman walked up to him and said "that's just way too big on you, you can't get it." Guy reluctantly took it off and he hung it on the rack where I snatched it. Turns out it was misplaced on the 1st day of the sale (at $400 then) and was found yesterday afternoon. Anything worth going for for people our size?
    That's awesome.... Too bad for the other guy, but hey, that's New York for ya. As far the 42L and thereabouts, there's a nice-looking DB Navy, and a brown pinstripe (the stripes about 1/4" apart) with a subtle herringbone pattern. looked nice, was $225. I tried it on, it fit perfectly, but I decided not to pull the trigger. There's also a nice brown suit (kinda like a windowpane but closer together, very subtle) in a lighter fabric, in I believe 43R. The pickings for sportcoats are slimmer, lots of pastels and some tweedy plaid jackets that are a little too much for me. For people roughly our size, it doesn't seem worth going for the shoes at this point.
    My salesman was so bitchy it was friggin' hilarious. Just gonna go cuz I told some people I'd look for some stuff for them.

12. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Z, I assume there were no suitings in my size? You should set up a shoe store, BTW.

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

No Stuart's Choice, I'm afraid. [​IMG] Yeah, I'll try to get pics of the stuff I don't want up sometime this afternoon. I'm going to keep most. Those I don't I'll probably offer for $100 and those that don't sell I'll put on Ebay. Z

14. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

15. demeis

demeis Senior member

Hey if your a 10 and they are to tight and your looking to get rid of them i'd be very interested. [​IMG]