1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. kabert

kabert Senior member

Gorgeous shoes there mussel.

2. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Mussel, they are all beautiful shoes. Just a quibble, the second and third shoes are not wholecuts since more than one piece of leather is used. No big deal -- no many what you call the shoes, they are great and I would have bought them myself.

3. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Nice shoes indeed.

The fallacy of this once-every-few-years sales is that if you use it as a benchmark to compare with other sales, you'll never be happy with them.

4. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

I was having withdrawal symptoms so I just walked over to PS and reminisced. Had to pick up shoe trees for the new lode.

5. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

The shoe trees were probably almost as much the shoes, right? [​IMG]

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The trees probably cost more than the shoes

7. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

I think the trees at retail cost more than you paid, zjpj83. (You paid $25 each, right?) If tgfny bought shoes on days 1 or 2 of the sale, the shoes would still cost more than the trees.

8. marc237

marc237 Senior member

So, now that we got Paul Stuart out of our system, is there an interest in the H-F sample sale at the same location?

9. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

That statement seems like so long ago, doesn't it? [​IMG] More info on the HF sale please.

10. marc237

marc237 Senior member

HICKEY-FREEMAN
    \tBOBBY JONES
    \t
    \tMEN'S CLOTHING, FURNISHINGS & SPORTSWEAR
    Up To 75% OFF RETAIL
    \tMonday, May 2nd through Friday, May 6th
    Monday through Thursday: 9:00am to 6:30pm
    Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
    \tTo be held at:
    560 SEVENTH AVENUE
    Corner of 40th Street. Auditorium, 2nd Floor.
    Strollers not allowed. No children under 12 will be admitted.
    \tVisa American Express Mastercard
    No cash. No checks. All sales final. No returns. No exchanges.

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

The address is a venue where sample sales are usually held. Â I think there was a mention of a Malo sample sale a month or two ago that was at that location, too. Â Merchandise is hit or miss as it is with most sample sales. Â Since PS had their Grenson shoes on sale for so long, I doubt many good pairs will make this sale. Â I doubt it's worth a special trip, but someone will probably report back after stopping by. dan
    That statement seems like so long ago, doesn't it? [​IMG] More info on the HF sale please.
    Hey, I resemble your implication. Â In my defense, that's the first sale I've seen there in a year or so that was decent. Â We were due for a good one, though, after the mediocre Barney's warehouse sale. Â After seeing the mayhem at the PS sale, I can only imagine the workload Chris had when his first shipment of Grensons came in. dan

12. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I may have to go to HF, but only towards the end of the sale.

13. tgfny

tgfny Senior member

(tgfny @ April 20 2005,10:17) I was having withdrawal symptoms so I just walked over to PS and reminisced. Had to pick up shoe trees for the new lode.
    The shoe trees were probably almost as much the shoes, right? Â [​IMG]
    They did. Hadn't thought off it. Bought a lot at $50. WAC on the shoes was $73 so they were slightly more than the $60 shoe trees.

14. kabert

kabert Senior member

OK, it's now been one week since the Paul Stuart sale ended. Wouldn't you think that some things would be on EBay by now? I might have missed some things that sold with "Buy It Now" but otherwise there's only been one lousy "new with tags" PS item on EBay since the sale -- a pair of socks listed for $9.99.

I know it takes awhite to photograph and put stuff up on Ebay, but I would have thought we'd see something by now. I guess everything was just so great that no one can bring themselves to part with it.

15. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Do you really think that many people bought stuff at the sale with the intent of flipping it on ebay? I only did that with a couple pairs of shoes in 7D that I bought on the last day and I doubt I'll make much on them.

dan

16. von Rothbart

Kabert, what are you looking for?

I am going to post some Grenson Masterpieces on "Buying and Selling" forum this weekend before I post them on eBay. Sizes range from 7 to 13.

17. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

got anything in 10.5D?

18. von Rothbart

I am curious back to the days when Paul Stuart carried Edward Green, did they ever put EG on sale like they did with Grenson Masterpiece? Especially when they stopped carrying EG, they got to get rid of all EG inventory.

19. thinman

thinman Senior member

kabert, I'm doing the same thing. Searching ebay for the shoes and finding none in my size. Where are they all? C'mon guys, get busy.

20. mussel

mussel Senior member

IIRC, the last PS sale was in 2001 and I was out of town. But my friend kept bragging about several pairs he picked up there at wonderful prices, and they were beautiful. I can't remember whether they're EG or Grenson MP. When did PS make the transition from EG to Grenson?