• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart Sales

mussel

Reaction score
You mean Adobe Photoshop? Under Image choose image size and choose the % of reduction for both width and length, make sure you choose the same % for both dimension to maintain the original ratio. Just play around with menu, you will figure it out.

tgfny

Reaction score
Here's one of the lower built-ins. From left to right: To Boot Leather boots with Charvet cap toes behind, Peals on top of old C&J's with C&J monkstraps behind, Vicunyas (or something like that Braziliam flip flops- long wknd with a 24 yr old in New Orleans) on Reefs ( present from old GF) on La Martinas (BA polo store and very comfortable
wink.gif
2nd row: too many C&J trees, R.M Williams 'roos with Stubbs behind, C&J hunting shoes with C&J's behind; 3rd row: trees, To boot Crocs, with Edwarc Geeens behind, adidas flops over To Boot leopard slips with Lobb Lopez behind. I gots no room. Have 6 more like this with 3 other full closets and more at work. Don't know where to put the new stash. Sorry the bags are in the way, but don't know where to put them.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't know what I was thinking earlier...

Anyways, if anybody bought any size 13 jodphur boots that they don't want to keep, drop me a personal message, I'd be interested.

mussel

Reaction score
Great idea with the build-in. I've got the behind-the-door canvas pouches which hold 12 pairs.

Now, back to those shoes. You mention you've got 21 pairs, you showed only 15. Where's the other 6 pairs? You gotta show them all to us, including the ones you bought for others.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's one of the lower built-ins. From left to right: To Boot Leather boots with Charvet cap toes behind, Peals on top of old C&J's with C&J monkstraps behind, Vicunyas (or something like that Braziliam flip flops- long wknd with a 24 yr old in New Orleans) on Reefs ( present from old GF) on La Martinas (BA polo store and very comfortable
wink.gif
2nd row: too many C&J trees, R.M Williams 'roos with Stubbs behind, C&J hunting shoes with C&J's behind; 3rd row: trees, To boot Crocs, with Edwarc Geeens behind, adidas flops over To Boot leopard slips with Lobb Lopez behind. I gots no room. Have 6 more like this with 3 other full closets and more at work. Don't know where to put the new stash. Sorry the bags are in the way, but don't know where to put them.
Nice. What's the tartan in the foreground?

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
. . . 3rd row: trees, To boot Crocs, with Edwarc Geeens behind, adidas flops over To Boot leopard slips with Lobb Lopez behind. I gots no room. Have 6 more like this with 3 other full closets and more at work. Don't know where to put the new stash.

Sorry the bags are in the way, but don't know where to put them.
Have you set up a Trust Fund to maintain the apartment for the shoes after you are gone? Allowances need to be made for the maintenance of the shoes. Should you trust a caretaker to not wear them? Or would it be necessary that the caretaker have the exact same size as you so tht he can exercise them regularly?

That is quite a trove.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone goes back this afternoon, could you report if suits have been marked down any lower? If they start giving them away, I'll go back for some more unless that $.@% tgfny guy decides to take them all.
biggrin.gif
dan

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now offering $75 over cost for 9E brown, burgundy or black Radley penny loafers or brown Norwegians. Faint hope, I know, but it takes the edge off tax day.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I go back, I'll keep an eye out, but supply is much more of a limiting factor than willingness. I saw only one or two pairs of Stuart's Choice left in the 9s yesterday noon.

dan

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I go back, I'll keep an eye out, but supply is much more of a limiting factor than willingness.  I saw only one or two pairs of Stuart's Choice left in the 9s yesterday noon.

dan
Thanks, Dan. Appreciate it but certainly not counting on it.

tgfny

Reaction score
(tgfny @ April 14 2005,22:49) Here's one of the lower built-ins. From left to right: To Boot Leather boots with Charvet cap toes behind, Peals on top of old C&J's with C&J monkstraps behind, Vicunyas (or something like that Braziliam flip flops- long wknd with a 24 yr old in New Orleans) on Reefs ( present from old GF) on La Martinas (BA polo store and very comfortable
wink.gif
Nice. Â What's the tartan in the foreground?
One of the pairs of trousers I felt guilty to let sit there being insulted with a $50 price tag on it. I did it just for the pants; it was like abuse to put that kinda price on the pants. Had to have hurt it's self esteem.

tgfny

Reaction score
(tgfny @ April 14 2005,22:49) . . . 3rd row: trees, To boot Crocs, with Edwarc Geeens behind, adidas flops over To Boot leopard slips with Lobb Lopez behind. I gots no room. Have 6 more like this with 3 other full closets and more at work. Don't know where to put the new stash. Sorry the bags are in the way, but don't know where to put them.
Have you set up a Trust Fund to maintain the apartment for the shoes after you are gone? Â Allowances need to be made for the maintenance of the shoes. Â Should you trust a caretaker to not wear them? Â Or would it be necessary that the caretaker have the exact same size as you so tht he can exercise them regularly? That is quite a trove.
Well, the future Mrs tgfny should be finishing high school soon
wink.gif
So those should have a suitable heir in about 10 yrs or so. Also, training my 2 yr old nephew to know a little, (his mother considers Ann Taylor an appropriate shopping venue and Nike is his father's tailor of choice.) He got several Charvet shirts when he was born and I did some damage at Murray's for him last summer- he prefers to hit people with his whale belt rather than wear it now. So, hopefully, the shoes will be enjoyed for many years to come.

tgfny

Reaction score
Great idea with the build-in.  I've got the behind-the-door canvas pouches which hold 12 pairs.

Now, back to those shoes.  You mention you've got 21 pairs, you showed only 15.  Where's the other 6 pairs?  You gotta show them all to us, including the ones you bought for others.
Got the idea from an ex whose late father had a huge dressing room filled with them in their house in Gloucestershire. Thankfully, they still had his butler in their employ. That's the accessory I really want; he's great.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has shoes in size 11, I would be delighted to take them off your hands and pay a finders fee. Please PM me.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads