1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. tgfny

tgfny Senior Member

Yeah, when I was trading, the majority of my shoes never saw the office. Know what you mean.

2. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior Member

What a difference from yesterday. The shoes I think are going like hotcakes. There are however, still much more shoes left mind you. More bolts of fabrics, I would say better selection from yesterday since they had some stripes and a grey cashmere blend Zegna cloth. Coarse weave, excellent for a laid back sportcoat. More selection of sportcoats also. I think I will be heading back there everyday to see what is new. Also, some prices were marked even further down.

3. dah328

dah328 Distinguished Member

There were still a lot of Stuart's Choice shoes left this afternoon in many sizes. The 10-10.5-11 seemed pretty picked over, but other sizes still had lots of brown boxes. I found a couple pair that they moved from a different table but I'm a small size. They're not adding additional shoe stock. There were more ties this afternoon than last night (I've been there way too much) and the sport coat/suit racks still looked pretty full. Socks and belts are pretty much gone. Didn't look for trousers or sweaters.

dan

4. seok

seok Senior Member

A question germane to the topic of stocking up on shoes while they're cheap:
    > How would you store shoes which you know you won't wear for a year (or two)? I.e. For someone working in a conservative office environment, is it wise to have 3 pairs of Grensons/Peals boxed up in storage? Or do these shoes have a shelf life?

Chris from Bennies, if you're reading this message I was a customer from CT who ordered 3 pairs...

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Distinguished Member

I'd stuff the shoes with tissue paper and store them in your closet. Assuming you don't have awful heat/humidity problems in your closet, they'll be fine. Under the bed is another possibility, as this tends to stay a pretty constant temperature.

But you could always just rotate them. I could easily rotate seven to eight pairs of shoes in my business wardrobe. It allows you to get enjoyment out of each pair without getting sick of any one pair.

6. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Distinguished Member

(Patrick Bateman @ April 13 2005,10:26) I guess I meant at the office. They'd definitely attract (unwanted) attention where I work.
    Yeah, when I was trading, the majority of my shoes never saw the office. Know what you mean.
    I don't think I'd wear those side-laced to the office. But they're perfect for dinner, opera & ballet, wedding and all other social functions. How often do you see people wearing side-laced?

7. tgfny

tgfny Senior Member

(tgfny @ April 13 2005,13:29)
    I guess I meant at the office. They'd definitely attract (unwanted) attention where I work.
    I don't think I'd wear those side-laced to the office. Â But they're perfect for dinner, opera & ballet, wedding and all other social functions. Â How often do you see people wearing side-laced?
    I'd never seen em anywhere until yesterday. Still wondering who's buying the ghillies. Never seen those worn without a dirk and kilt.

8. sashae

sashae Senior Member

They had definitely put out new things since yesterday -- the tan wholecuts I bought in 10D were also available in black and olivey/brown, as well as the side-lace jobs in walnut and black, and the dark brown pebbled monks (which I really, really want to buy but my wife will most likely throttle me.) Wide selection on the ends of the size ranges (12+, :cool: from what I saw. Cleaned them out of women's knits and shirts -- at $200 marked down to $50 for shirts, and $500+ for cashmere sweaters marked down to $100, it's hard to go wrong, and I get extra credit with my wife [​IMG] -s

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

sooo tempted to go back but can't. i'd throttle myself

10. tgfny

tgfny Senior Member

After reading this stuff all day, I gotsta get back there.

11. chorse123

chorse123 Stylish Dinosaur

I tried those black wholecuts on yesterday (10D) and was carrying them around for a while, so they might not have been new [​IMG]

12. seok

seok Senior Member

good thing that i studied for my history class test coming up in 30 mins. otherwise i may be drawing shoe lasts instead of writing about global geopolitics.

13. 4Mica

4Mica Senior Member

Hi,

I am very interested in getting some size 13 Masterpieces (preferably brown and suede oxfords (wholecut, plaintoed, or cap-toed for the brown, same for the suede but also would include wing-tip)). If anyone is headed to the sale I would very much appreciate your help. PM me. And thank you in advance.

Micah

14. ord

ord Active Member

I just returned from the sale (sorry 4Mica, I didn't see your post until just now), and the shoes have been marked down even further.  The Stuart's Choice are now $150, and the regular Grenson's are $75.  Best of all, if you buy two, the third pair is free.

My total damage:  3 pairs of the Masterpieces for $300 total, plus a sport coat for $125 (originally $735), and a sports shirt for $25.

15. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Distinguished Member

3 pairs of Masterpieces for $300? Why am I stuck at the office? Why?

Seriously, if they can keep replenishing their stock, Friday is going to be something else.