1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Stuart Phineas Cole fall 2011--Styleforum visit to the showroom

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shoreman1782, Jul 26, 2011.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Doesn't Ralph Lauren have more or less identical thing, the old stock used to be made by EG, newer ones (the one I had) was made in Italy for RLPL

2. RSS

RSS Senior member

Rubbish, they are in perfectly good taste. After all I buy it. That should be sufficient to tell you all you need to know.

But given your avatar, I suppose I comprehend how you came about your view. BTW the other PS lines -- including plain grey suits -- are still there ... so not to worry my man in the grey flannel suit.

I suppose not everyone can have the confidence to risk rocking the boat.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  3. deepitm

deepitm Senior member

+1 on this. Phineas Cole is not for everyone. In fact, here in Chicago, a lot of the salespeople tried to dissuade me from the Phineas line. I think it may be a bit much for a lot of them. However, I think Phineas is doing its job - which is getting more people interested in (or re-interested in) Paul Stuart. As a young guy, I could buy suits from a number of makers. But with PC, you get the quality of time-tested menswear operations (PS and Samuelsohn) along with something a bit more interesting than your standard PS or Brooks Bros sack suit. While PC may be a bit more rakish than some PS clients are used to, it certainly got me into the store to spend a lot of money that might have otherwise gone elsewhere. So I feel good about buying PC because I am getting quality along with certain elements of that Paul Stuart timeless style.

4. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

+1.

The cut and craftsmanship on the whole PC line is superb. They prove that tailored clothing can still be fresh and radical. You do have to have the stones to pull it off, however. Their stuff takes confidence to wear.

5. RSS

RSS Senior member

Deepitm, given your avatar ... you are NOT the man in the grey flannel suit. That's refreshing!

As the kinds today like to say ... I'm certain you can 'rock' PC ... and I don't mean political correctness.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  6. RSS

RSS Senior member

One really has to know himself to wear PC.

I recall being at a party and having someone come up to me and say, "I wish I could wear a sport coat like that." Sadly the person saying this wasn't in a sport coat ... he was in shirt sleeves. Perhaps if he dressed to fit the occasion his confidence would grow.

7. kittymama

kittymama New Member

My sons who are slender enjoy the PC line but it would be nice if the Tuxedo's were shawl collar. This is generally the style that generation likes *as opposed to the full lapels. How about some brightly colored cummerbunds and bow ties also?