• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paul Stuart - Manufacturer Made in Italy

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

“Cemented Construction" for a pair of MSRP $995 shoes.

View attachment 1446488
I don't think the ad copy here is correct. Take a look at the shoe and the relationship between the uppers and the sole. I'm about 99% sure (metaphysical certainty freaks me out) that those are either blake or Goodyear welted.

If they are cemented, which I doubt, I'll not step foot into a Paul Stuart shop ever again.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any idea on how each specific last they are?

These are def 348 last as shown on their images.

This one is 330 last

IIRC 348 < 240 < 330 in wideness.
yup, you can just read the image, and you can always email Paul Stuart customer service, they're always willing to disclose.

“Cemented Construction" for a pair of MSRP $995 shoes.
I didn't inquire this one.

The ones I knew are definitely Paolo Scafora are

Last Q

Last Vola (which is suppose to be more room in toebox vs. Last Q) on these 2

though unfortunately they cannot tell me their "original size per Paolo Scafora" as it was converted to US already

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think the ad copy here is correct. Take a look at the shoe and the relationship between the uppers and the sole. I'm about 99% sure (metaphysical certainty freaks me out) that those are either blake or Goodyear welted.

If they are cemented, which I doubt, I'll not step foot into a Paul Stuart shop ever again.
I would think these are Paolo Scafora as well, thus GYW, though someone has to email Paul Stuart to confirm... (also which last)

Kalec

Reaction score

And it seems a 270 degree welt to me if it's not cemented, can't see any threads around the heel area.

I remember someone email them about this expensive wholecut cement, forget how they replied.

Kalec

Reaction score
The shape of the last does look like Lattanzi, so it's almost certainly not blake stiched.
I would say it is probably Norvegese welted, I would email them for last and welt information.

Anyway the upper style is ... weird.

Kalec

Reaction score
Did you email them? pS are usually happy to confirm
They never replied my email, but it looks like 270 degree Norvegese welted. The nail pattern is very similar to S&L.

compuccesory

Reaction score
They never replied my email, but it looks like 270 degree Norvegese welted. The nail pattern is very similar to S&L.
I know it's kind of gauche to ask about construction methods among this group, but are Lattanzis handwelted or GYW? Their website suggests that they do HW but it's...not super detailed.

Kalec

Reaction score
Update: they told me that it is NOT made by S&L and it is indeed blake construction.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maybe it's Paolo Scafora? Paolo Scafora can do blake/gyw/hw but of course all different place, and within gyw it can finish to different tier so again different price...

compuccesory

Reaction score
It's nice looking anyway, I might just give it a try regardless if it isn't final sale.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's