• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart - Manufacturer Made in Italy

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They had EG a long time ago, had AS as well but think drop both GG and AS at same time then drop Grenson some time before that, never knew they had Cheney, I guess CJ has been the most consistent one.

I think I might have a few of either the EG or the GG. Not really sure which to be honest.

I have the Paul Stuart version of the Islay as well.

stubbsj20

Reaction score
Can anyone that has the Cheaney Alfred on the 125 last (PS Nando) and the Crockett and Jones Connaught on the 236 last, compare the size/fit between the two?

bhbond007

Reaction score
is this a good price? i am looking for something that looks exactly like this
pebbled black penny

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I might have a few of either the EG or the GG. Not really sure which to be honest.

I have the Paul Stuart version of the Islay as well.

if it’s last 10 years then definitely GG, the writing is pretty clear (save for the loafer every GG PS had were on TG73), the look is very distinctive you won’t confuse with any of the older EG chisel last with GG

edit: I mean if you’re not sure if they’re EG or GG, and definitely sure not CJ. The AS PS has had similar aesthetic to GG and was on some narrower width

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if it’s last 10 years then definitely GG, the writing is pretty clear (save for the loafer every GG PS had were on TG73), the look is very distinctive you won’t confuse with any of the older EG chisel last with GG

edit: I mean if you’re not sure if they’re EG or GG, and definitely sure not CJ. The AS PS has had similar aesthetic to GG and was on some narrower width

I should post pics and see if anyone recognizes them.

The reason I think they are G&G is because of the sole. They look like this:

oak_1c13de1f-d02f-4bb9-9e14-9a18800ed174.jpeg

which is a G&G sole. Certainly not an EG.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s GG or some version of AS, if inner tag is written on vamp then GG (and on the only few GG last name), AS serial number what not are written on the side

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for reviving this thread, but this pair seems to be made by Silvano Lattanzi.

That shoe look nothing like Lattanzi.
Looks like it could be fake norvegese,
ie, probably a blake rapid with an added rand to imitate norvegese.
Overall the shoe not near the league of Lattanzi,
it look like cheaper made shoe
The price was also $990.00

Paul Stuart shoe 1.jpg

Paul Stuart shoe 2.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads