1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Paul Stuart Ltd. Edition Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PhiloVance, Feb 9, 2011.

1. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

PV...I think the consensus opinion is that these are made by G&G. I was planning to get over there this week to check them out.

3. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

My bad - thanks for the clarification!

I thought I remembered a threak about G&G for PS but then as I was looking at the side-angle shots on the website, there doesnt appear to be much of a bevelled waist - looks more like EG or even JL Classic than the G&Gs I see posted here . . . maybe its the angle on the photo.

4. aportnoy

My bad - thanks for the clarification!

I thought I remembered a threak about G&G for PS but then as I was looking at the side-angle shots on the website, there doesnt appear to be much of a bevelled waist - looks more like EG or even JL Classic than the G&Gs I see posted here . . . maybe its the angle on the photo.

Agreed, I thought they were EG for certain myself until others identified them as G&G.

Will have to see first hand to verify. Either way, hoping for 50% off at the end of the season!

5. k4lnamja

k4lnamja Senior member

Agreed, I thought they were EG for certain myself until others identified them as G&G.

Will have to see first hand to verify. Either way, hoping for 50% off at the end of the season!

When is technically end of the season? I love g and g shoes but never tried one on. What's the best way to "know" what size/last am I?

Cheers

6. aportnoy

When is technically end of the season? I love g and g shoes but never tried one on. What's the best way to "know" what size/last am I?

Cheers

August, I suppose.

G&G runs about 1/2 larger so as I am a US 8.5, I take a G&G 8. Though that might differ slightly last to last.

7. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Yep, I'll keep an eye out for the sale as well. I might take a walk over there later this afternoon to get a look in person. I wonder if Limited Edition means there are only a handful styles available or that these will only be on sale for limited period of time?

They still have shoes listed at $678, I assume these are the Grenson Masterpieces, but there are also some other shoes listed at $798 - not sure if those are also Grenson MPs.

8. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I have a pair of Newbury double monks, great shoes

9. agoldf

agoldf Senior member

10. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

11. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I took a quick stroll over to Paul Stuart - here are some quick notes:
    1. Paul Stuart is turning into some kind of Northampton shoe mecca.

2. The Ltd. Editions are definitely G&G - bevelled waist with the typical G&G sole. Nice styles, nice colors, etc.

3. They also have the usual Grenson MPs at $698, and there was also a very decent selection currently on sale at $339. Lots of brogues, semi-brogues, wingtips, etc. Not a bad price, I think.

4. They also had a selection of what appear to be C&Js on the 348 last. These were also $698 - they appeared to be to benchgrade standard - no channeled soles, but nice styles and colors.

12. aportnoy

I took a quick stroll over to Paul Stuart - here are some quick notes:
    1. Paul Stuart is turning into some kind of Northampton shoe mecca.

2. The Ltd. Editions are definitely G&G - bevelled waist with the typical G&G sole. Nice styles, nice colors, etc.

3. They also have the usual Grenson MPs at $698, and there was also a very decent selection currently on sale at $339. Lots of brogues, semi-brogues, wingtips, etc. Not a bad price, I think.

4. They also had a selection of what appear to be C&Js on the 348 last. These were also $698 - they appeared to be to benchgrade standard - no channeled soles, but nice styles and colors.

Greta report PV, thanks!

I picked up the rust suede wingtip for $339 a week or two ago, a killer shoe!

13. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

G&G runs about 1/2 larger so as I am a US 8.5, I take a G&G 8. Though that might differ slightly last to last.

All G&G lasts fit the same (size & width). If you are an 8E in the TG73 then that is your size for all of their lasts.

14. khaki sack

khaki sack Senior member

These are G&G.

15. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

August, I suppose. G&G runs about 1/2 larger so as I am a US 8.5, I take a G&G 8. Though that might differ slightly last to last.
    The description on the website actually says "Order 1/2 size smaller". They do look nice. I bet there are none in the Chicago store [​IMG]