Paul Stuart in LA?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Get Smart, May 26, 2006.

1. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Is there a single store that has a decent selection of Paul Stuart clothes in LA?

2. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

I think Paul Stuart only sells in its own stores.

3. StevenRocks

StevenRocks Senior member

I think Paul Stuart only sells in its own stores.
    That's correct. They have stores in New York and Chicago, and they have an e-commerce website.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

That's correct. They have stores in New York and Chicago, and they have an e-commerce website.
    And a nice one in Ginza with a very helpful fellow. [​IMG]

5. Motomachi

Motomachi New Member

Great thing about Japan is that many of the labels have their own little boutiques (as well as country Flagship shops) in many of the big department stores here.

The bad thing is that many of them, Paul Stuart included, license their line to a local Japanese clothier (Sanyo I believe in the case of P.S.) and they make to fit the Japanese physique. My closet is full of P. Stuart stuff that I've bought here, but a few of them the neck is too tight or the sleeves too short as I was only able to buy in that size.

Would like to consider living in LA in the future, but would have a hard time not being able to buy P.S. suits and jackets!

6. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Would like to consider living in LA in the future, but would have a hard time not being able to buy P.S. suits and jackets!

Hopefully a decision to move to a major city isn't based on the availability of a particular brand of clothes![​IMG]

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Great thing about Japan is that many of the labels have their own little boutiques (as well as country Flagship shops) in many of the big department stores here.

The bad thing is that many of them, Paul Stuart included, license their line to a local Japanese clothier (Sanyo I believe in the case of P.S.) and they make to fit the Japanese physique. My closet is full of P. Stuart stuff that I've bought here, but a few of them the neck is too tight or the sleeves too short as I was only able to buy in that size.

Have you been to Paul Stuart in Ginza? I'd be surprised if they didn't have Anglo-scale stuff there. I didn't look around, but the sales guy was very helpful.

8. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Hopefully a decision to move to a major city isn't based on the availability of a particular brand of clothes![​IMG]
    oooh, I dunno... [​IMG]

9. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Have you been to Paul Stuart in Ginza? I'd be surprised if they didn't have Anglo-scale stuff there.
    I haven't been but a PS exec told me that their Asian outposts are a different animal.