1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Paul smith suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by TheBee'sKnees, Nov 22, 2003.

1. TheBee'sKnees

TheBee'sKnees Member

On a recent business trip to Montreal, I picked up a Paul Smith London "Luxury" suit -- bold navy pinstripe, dual vents, flat front trousers.

I'd seen relatively few Paul Smith suits before, and was rather impressed.  I was wondering what the forum thought of this line in terms of construction, style, fit, etc. , and whether anyone could tell me more about who does his suits, materials, and so on.  I'm particularly interested in opinions on whether I overpaid -- roughly 1200 American dollars (after currency converison, tax rebate, etc.)

2. VWpete

VWpete Senior member

I've had a navy w/ yellowish green pinstripe for about a year. Very nice off the rack suit. Mine has worn very well and drapes nicely. Cut a material is great. I love the details (ticket pocket, hand stitched lapels). It may not be an Oxxford, but is a great, stylish suit. Enjoy...