• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

brotherender

Reaction score
Gentlemen, except for the few of you who already posted their pics of their new PSS shoes, is there still anyone who have purchased from them? If so, you are kindly asked to show us what you've got :)
My order is yet to be dispatched, so I'll need to wait before it arrives but once it does, I will gladly share a story of my pair. Until then, I would be happy to see what you have in store.

Camerashy

Reaction score
Is the PS 53F last TTS please
I’m a UK 10 in Cheaney and a UK 9.5 in Loakes so suggestions welcome please
thanks

brotherender

Reaction score
Is the PS 53F last TTS please
I’m a UK 10 in Cheaney and a UK 9.5 in Loakes so suggestions welcome please
thanks
I'd go with 10 if I were you as 53 is a handgrade last and as such is a bit narrower than regular PS lasts. At least that's what I heard from Paul Sargent himself.

Last edited:

Braid

Reaction score
Does anyone know if PS will re-introduce the country collection?

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I've been emailing PSS about a pair of hand-grade Moores. I asked for a fiddle back waist possibly with a two tone sole, welt fudging, and I was thinking about getting them in a very dark brown or very dark burgundy. I sent them my masurements as well and they said they can get the fit pretty close based on what I sent them. Any advice?

Does anyone here have some photos of Alfred Sargent Moores handgrades? The few photos I've seen online have been impressive but from about 8-10 years ago.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been emailing PSS about a pair of hand-grade Moores. I asked for a fiddle back waist possibly with a two tone sole, welt fudging, and I was thinking about getting them in a very dark brown or very dark burgundy. I sent them my masurements as well and they said they can get the fit pretty close based on what I sent them. Any advice?

Does anyone here have some photos of Alfred Sargent Moores handgrades? The few photos I've seen online have been impressive but from about 8-10 years ago.

I asked them if they could make shoes using the specs they offered for the Kingsman line, but they said no.

corpseposeur

Reaction score
Paul Sargent doesn't have any photos or examples of their handgrade models. I think I may be one of the first to order this line. I actually borrowed some photos of AS--many from this thread to get an idea of what I was looking for and to best describe to PSS.

This is what I shared with PSS:

I like the look of the nails at the toes but I wonder if a toe-plate is a better option. I really like that pac-man mouth/ V shaped heel design. Sargent manages to always have something a little interesting going on with their shoes especially compared to other British makers like Edward Green or C&J etc. I think Gaziano & Girling are similar but Sargent are more my speed. They are very tasteful in that their little embellishments are not so far out there that you're making a loud statement with your shoes. It's very much in-line with my aesthetic tastes.

PSS_photo_sample_1.jpg

IMG_9370.JPG

430376_457382234305483_2103689421_n.jpg

corpseposeur

Reaction score
Paul Sargent doesn't have any photos or examples of their handgrade models. I think I may be one of the first to order this line. I actually borrowed some photos of AS--many from this thread to get an idea of what I was looking for and to best describe to PSS.

This is what I shared with PSS:

I like the look of the nails at the toes but I wonder if a toe-plate is a better option. I really like that pac-man mouth/ V shaped heel design. Sargent manages to always have something a little interesting going on with their shoes especially compared to other British makers like Edward Green or C&J etc. I think Gaziano & Girling are similar but Sargent are more my speed. They are very tasteful in that their little embellishments are not so far out there that you're making a loud statement with your shoes. It's very much in-line with my aesthetic tastes.

View attachment 1744205

View attachment 1744207

View attachment 1744209

I ordered a Brannock device in UK sizing to help with sizing with size in addition to the measurements I sent. It may be overkill but I'm a fan of the "measure twice cut once" adage especially for the hand-grade.

I really wish that money orders weren't the only way to get payment to them. It's a bit of a pain. Last time, I just had a modified version of their offerings on their website so I just paid there. Hopefully this is just a factor of them restarting the company, and they have a credit card system set up soon.

Camerashy

Reaction score
Interested to hear if you think the Brannock device will help you in getting the right sizing when there can be so much fluctuation in shoe manufacturers sizing.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interested to hear if you think the Brannock device will help you in getting the right sizing when there can be so much fluctuation in shoe manufacturers sizing.

Plus, different lasts fit differently.

When I was buying AS shoes regularly and without trying them on, I relied on Sarah at AFPOS to make recommendations based on a tracing of my foot and ultimately my size in several AS lasts. I have six pairs of AS shoes/boots and sold one other. They are all either UK size 7.5 or size 8 depending on the last and all fit well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics