• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be placing an order for Brunswick burgundy. although i emailed - no response and called - no response. guys must be busy...

Kaolin

Reaction score
Any idea of how the new lasts will fit? Compared for exemple to 99 or AS24?

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't know why buit haven't been this excited for a shoe brand launch in a while. i know a lot of shoe enthus. were excited about a lot of the chinese brands and for good reason but damn sargent shoes is back from the ashes!!!

Camerashy

Reaction score
My first forey into PS so please help me with sizing on the 53F Last or is it all new to go
Have Cheaney in UK10 and Loakes in UK 9.5 so should I go with the latter

Last edited:

Camerashy

Reaction score
Looking forward to your feedback as I may be heading that was soon hope the business is a success and trust this thread gets a lot of posts

JJohnson02

Reaction score
Do people generally size down or go TTS on the 87 last?

I'm planning on getting some Alfred Sargent Cambridges. I'm pretty squarely a 9UK. My instinct is to go 9UK (TTS) and I can always use an insole if needs be, but I know some people find boots a little roomy and would recommend going 8.5UK.

I tried on the George Cleverley Taron (same last) in an 8.5UK and it was fine, but a little snug in a couple places (nothing major), and it's hard to know if that will go as the footbed softens.

Pedlar

Reaction score

I'm planning on getting some Alfred Sargent Cambridges. I'm pretty squarely a 9UK. My instinct is to go 9UK (TTS) and I can always use an insole if needs be, but I know some people find boots a little roomy and would recommend going 8.5UK.
I went TTS on mine and am glad I did.

brotherender

Reaction score

I tried on the George Cleverley Taron (same last) in an 8.5UK and it was fine, but a little snug in a couple places (nothing major), and it's hard to know if that will go as the footbed softens.
TTS. Taron was made in E width hence snug. I wear my Cambridge in my usual 7 and it's just great with an insole. I don't think I'd fit into 6.5, though. With Taron being just a bit snug fit you, I'd go for the same size with Cambridge, though. It should be a tad more forgiving. And it will break in in time.

Last edited:

brotherender

Reaction score
My first forey into PS so please help me with sizing on the 53F Last or is it all new to go
Have Cheaney in UK10 and Loakes in UK 9.5 so should I go with the latter
I'd go half a size up as 53F may be on a slightly narrower side compared to Exclusive line lasts. It's a handgrade last, after all, so no surprises.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads