1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Harnden Shoemakers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ghulkhan, Dec 3, 2006.

1. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

Is anyone familiar with the quality of his shoes?
    I saw some at IF Boutique in NYC that i loved. They were really expensive though about 1300. I think all his shoes are..is it worth the price in terms of quality?

2. ringring

ringring Senior member

I'm familiar with Paul & his shoes. If you appreciate his aesthetic and hand crafted artisan feel to his shoes then it's worth the money.

3. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I'm familiar with Paul & his shoes. If you appreciate his aesthetic and hand crafted artisan feel to his shoes then it's worth the money.
    im guessing the quality is superb too and you arent just paying for the aesthetic right?

where in the country besides if boutique can i fiind his shoes?

4. ringring

ringring Senior member

Quality is very good, in an 'imperfectly beautiful' way [​IMG]

Try Barney's in NYC. I was looking at some recently in Barney's in Shinjuku, Tokyo, so there's a good chance that they will be sold in NYC too.

5. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

Quality is very good, in an 'imperfectly beautiful' way [​IMG]

Try Barney's in NYC. I was looking at some recently in Barney's in Shinjuku, Tokyo, so there's a good chance that they will be sold in NYC too.

yea man they look imperfectly aesthetic
    idk if that makes sense
    i saw one with canvas that was painted black they were 1300
    im out of money so maybe ill buy something from em next season

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

If I remember correctly Paul Harnden used to work as a craftsmen at John Lobb (or at least apprenticed there) and brings the same commitment to quality that they supposedly had in the past. Lobb a pretty large operation now and the artisan approach has somewhat fallen on the wayside which isn't the case for Harnden. His clothes and shoes have a very 19th century English worker feel and that is definitely not for everyone but if you dig it by all mean indulge, those shoes should last you a lifetime and two reincarnations.