• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patine Shoes - shoe brand from Poland

blekit

Reaction score
Over last to days I've managed to put together outfits with items made in Poland with one exception - the shoes. We have over here a great tailors, manufactures that produce shirts, trousers and accessories, but good quality GYW, classic shoes are hard to get (if you don't want to go bespoke).

This might however change in the nearest future. A few months ago Patine - Polish retailer of Yanko and TLB shoes - launched their own brand of GYW shoes. Although the shoes themselves are not manufactured in Poland (I believe it's some other European country, but I am not 100% sure), that's the first step in a good direction and I'm willing to turn a blind eye here. Especially given that the first few of their models were designed in cooperation with one of the best and the oldest Polish bespoke shoemaker - Mr Tadeusz Januszkiewicz.

I personally own one pair of Patine Shoes. Despite the fact that at the time of launch my intention was only to replace the most used/oldest shoes in my collection with pairs from well known brands known for very high quality of their products (e.g. Vass, Alfred Sargent or TLB Mallorca), I couldn't resist the opportunity to support our local brand and took a risk. I've ordered a tan full-brouges which were set to replace in rotation my first GYW shoes (Gordon & Bros Levet). When they arrived I knew I won't regret my choice. The leather was very supple and seemed to be of higher quality than in my Yanko shoes. The soles, overall craftsmanship and design also are really good at this price point (although, as admitted by the owners of the brand, there has been some oversight in the broguing of my model; but to be honest, I haven't noticed it until someone else on the Polish equivalent of SF mentioned it, and to me it's still a minor issue).

The shoes are rather casual in nature and as such got much more usage than any of my black cap-toe oxfords over last few months. Here's how the look now (aproximately 10-15 full day wears in various weather conditions)

20190418_065414.jpg

BXpress

Reaction score
I gotta say their selection looks seriously good for the money. Certainly more interesing lasts than the likes of Loake, Barker etc.

Kamil1987

Reaction score
I gotta say their selection looks seriously good for the money. Certainly more interesing lasts than the likes of Loake, Barker etc.

If you calculate value/money ratio you get Made in Spain GYW shoes on lasts designed by one of the most renowned Polish bespoke shoemakers (T Januszkiewicz) in multiple colors/finishes for <250 Euro.
I know that from now on they use only premier Du Puy and D'Annonay leathers. To me that sounds more like +400 Euro specs...

blekit

Reaction score
The value for money here is in my opinion exemplary, that's why I thought I should share my experiences and start this thread. Although personally I'm focusing on higher positioned brands when thinking about new additions to my shoes collection (such as Vass, TLB or AS), I will seriously consider Patine too - especially when I will need to replace in rotation one of my current work horses :)

Xune

Reaction score
@blekit Would you be so kind to compare your sizing in Patine shoes on TJ last vs. Yanko 915, Vass F or Alfred Sargent 99 lasts? If you have any of mentioned in your collection, of course :)

blekit

Reaction score
@blekit Would you be so kind to compare your sizing in Patine shoes on TJ last vs. Yanko 915, Vass F or Alfred Sargent 99 lasts? If you have any of mentioned in your collection, of course :)

Sure. My only Patine pair is on TJ Oder F last and in 10.5 UK size. It feels very comfortable, the only minor issue is there's a bit too much space over my feet and the shoes in toes area. When I wear thinner socks, the shoes sometimes graze me a little.

Most of my other shoes in F width is in 10 UK size. In this size both Yanko 915, TLB Oliver F and Vass F feel similar (maybe a little tighter in the instep). Yanko 960 G, TLB Alan G and Vass F last with extra width added in the toes areccomparable in 10 UK size to Patine TJ Oder F in 10.5 UK. With Alfred Sargent I wear 10.5 UK (724 and 109 lasts) and it seems they are true to Patine's sizing.

BXpress

Reaction score
With Alfred Sargent I wear 10.5 UK (724 and 109 lasts) and it seems they are true to Patine's sizing.

Thanks, that is good to hear. 10.5 in 109 fits me like a glove.

Xune

Reaction score
Now that's an offer! Just placed one for double monks, can't wait for them to arrive at TheShine's workshop :cheers:

But thinking of patina, damn. What have I done :bored:

Last edited:

Xune

Reaction score
Ha! Just received my MTO order! My plan was to grab a pair of shoes to be painted by TheShine. Opportunity came along when Patine.pl - Polish retailer - offered free MTO for their own brand. I quickly grabbed the opportunity and ordered double monks, but with more "standard" buckling system. Their RTW one I don't like that much, but it's purely personal preference.
Today I've fitted the shoes and they're snug, but should be fine. Having them on last designed by Polish master shoemaker is added value to me. I could have Yanko in that exact pattern in that exact price rightaway, but I decided to wait for MTO just to have that little touch. Love it!
M2ZvTkw[1].jpg
vSPzJGM[1].jpg Gint4e6[1].jpg NOHKot5[1].jpg

deliku

Reaction score

Really impressed with these Patine Hudson G chelsea boots in burgundy, especially at their current price point. The last is elegant yet quite roomy at the same time. I’ll definitely consider Patine's house brand again in the future!

Last edited:

moltoelegante

Reaction score
I was curious about the returns policy but the "complaints and returns" page is only in Polish. (Fortunately, Google translate does a decent job of translating the page.) Seems that returns are at the cost of the buyer which is a deal breaker for me, as it would cost ~$30 (cheapest available method) and take 3 hours of my time just to return the shoes from my location. So far I have a 100% return rate when buying unknown shoes online due to improper fit :(

When searching for PATINE oxfords on the site, there seemed to be just one last (TJ Ina) which was not interesting for me due to the round toe style, and there were no burgundy options.

So a total of three deal breakers ;)

Kamil1987

Reaction score
So a total of three deal breakers ;)

1) I understand that the cost of return is a function of your location? I would ask their customer support, they know sizing in dozens of other brands and can narrow-down the sizes fitting you the best. I am in process of buying third pair from them online and never sent anything back so far. They are super-responisve and speak Enghlish for sure.

2) It's true they don't carry burgundy, if that helps here's the total selection of their oxfords from all three brands they carry - it is possible to find some good deals: https://patine.shoes/category/obuwie-klasyczne-oxfordy?horizontal

Best,
Kamil

Last edited:

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just discovered this. Lovely lasts-- of course as a TJ bespoke client, I am a little biased.

Is there a retail outlet where one can try pairs on, or is is all by point/click ordering? And is there a MTO option if you have a color you like for a given style?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads