• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patine Shoes - shoe brand from Poland

blekit

Reaction score
My second purchase of Patine shoes - penny loafers in medium brown leather. Handsome, slightly round last, good quality of leather and craftsmanship. I went half a size down (my regular size was too loose in the heel). Initially there was a bit of a pressure in the instep area, but after few hours the feeling disappeared and the shoes feel comfortable. Due to pandemic and all that stuff, I've only worn them indoors for a couple of hours and didn't apply any cosmetics yet. Overall I'm pretty happy with this pair and I'm sure they will serve me well in the upcoming years :)

20200409_174227-01.jpeg

20200409_174328-01.jpeg

20200409_174441-01.jpeg

Sorry for the poor quality of pics, will try to post better ones once I take them on the maiden voyage.

wdrenth

Reaction score
They look very neat, with a nicely finished sole. Thanks for sharing.

I have been eyeing the Patine shoes for a while and really like several of their oxford models. However, I could not find much sizing information online, especially comparisons to other brands. @blekit : how would you describe the sizing of Patine's offerings? Are they TTS, or made for a more comfortable fit? Thanks!

cr2596

Reaction score
I labored over all the options, all day yesterday. They have a nice sale going, and I was damn tempted. Unfortunately, the shoes available in my size didn’t excite me enough. Other options that were out in my size did. I’m going to give them a try eventually.

blekit

Reaction score
@wdrenth in my experience sizing of their F width lasts feels similar to most of the other shoes I own (Yanko on 915 last, TLB Mallorca on Oliver F and Picasso F lasts, Vass on F last).
From what I've read and heard, their G and H width lasts are far more generous and comfortable fits.

wdrenth

Reaction score
@wdrenth in my experience sizing of their F width lasts feels similar to most of the other shoes I own (Yanko on 915 last, TLB Mallorca on Oliver F and Picasso F lasts, Vass on F last).
From what I've read and heard, their G and H width lasts are far more generous and comfortable fits.

Thank you! I have Yanko on the 962G last, which feels generous but still fits well enough to refrain from sizing down. I should probably just give it a try with the current sale offerings.

wdrenth

Reaction score
Just a quick note, pictures will probably follow this weekend, that I order a pair of Patine's wholecut model (TJ INA last, F width in brown). The INA last is, I think, a more classic rounded last, and it fits the wholecut pattern quite well.
The shoe can be found at @PATINE.shoes website here: https://patine.shoes/wholecut-77022-1787.html

The shoes feel well constructed, and could not spot any blemishes. The leather feels soft, a nice sole with closed channel, pretty narrow heel, and waist.

I went for size 8, which I usually wear for dress shoes. My feet fill the shoes nicely: good connection with the heel cup, lacing leaves a small 'V' that will get better over time, and in the toe area it is not too narrow, but also not too roomy. So I think this was a good choice, and I will watch Patine's offerings.

blekit

Reaction score
An update about my latest pair. Over last few weeks the Patine loafers were my go-to shoes for doing groceries shopping and going out for a small stroll. This is how they present after several outings. I think they'll become a regular member of my summer rotation in the long run.
shoes_03_edited.png

shoes_02_edited.png

Phoenician

Reaction score
I haven’t tried their house brand shoes yet, but can happily report they their service is simply world class. ordered two pair of Yanko boots from them recently and the service and communication was beyond what I’ve experienced from almost any retailer. I’d like to try their new line of shoes, and that said, would highly recommend Patine to anyone
Douglas

blekit

Reaction score
Alright, so let's write a short review after two years owning this pair. Tan full brogues on leather sole, bought as a replacement for my first GYW shoes - Gordon & Bros Levet. Given the colour I used them mostly for casual outfits, but they were occasionally used with odd jacket and light coloured smart pants as well.

I didn't go easy on them - they've seen rain and snow, were worn multiple days in a row and weren't always able to rest on a shoe trees. After 18 months I've decided to take them to the cobbler and add a rubber topy. Over two years I've only applied the Saphir Pommadier a couple of times and finally last week I've also decided to use some wax and go for a little shine.

Shoes are half a size bigger than what I usually wear - at first it seemed like a good choice, but after breaking in they become slightly too big. Fortunately an insole resolved this problem. Overall I am really happy with this pair. Of course, I have better shoes (in terms of quality of leather or craftsmanship), but I think these are a great value for money.

Photos from the most recent outing. Only cropped, no filters, etc.

shoes_01_edited.png

shoes_02_edited.png

shoes_03_edited.png

thedose

Reaction score
Anyone in the US have any experience with Patine's exchange & returns?

Their website is very vague about it, and I've reached out, but have yet to hear back from them about it.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Asking again: is there a brick/mortar place to try these on, or is it all trial and error through DHL or FedEx?

conak

Reaction score
Hoping to revive... Anyone have their shoes that can comment on leather quality?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads