Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Patent shoes or not?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Preparatory, Feb 28, 2013.

1. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

Quote:My primary reason for disliking this look is due to the business connotations, with the black cap-toe being the standard business-formal shoe. Its like notch lapels on your dinner jacket.

2. AwfullyNiceGuy

AwfullyNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Just after posting I came to the very same realization just moments after posting. Also the plain-toe seems visually far more comparable to the pump, because there is no secondary ''line'' from a potential cap-toe.. Oh well, I will be wearing cap-toe for the theatre come 5th of sept. anyway!
    Even if I don't have an extensive black-tie calendar(as in nearly none) the pump has a strong appeal to me, for all it's worth it looks damn good.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013

3. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

But if you want that degree of shine, then why not go for patent? Captoes are a compromise between practicality (having a shoe that's useful for more than just black tie) and form.

4. AwfullyNiceGuy

AwfullyNiceGuy Well-Known Member

You're probably right, I will put a plain-toe balmoral/opera pumps on my to-get list.