• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PASTA!!!

AnthonyadamK

Reaction score
Italian here. I can hook you up to some good recipes if you add a bit more about what you like/dislike.

In general, you can be sure anything Max Mariola uploads is top notch (though you might need to translate some of the earlier recipes).
Love: Mushrooms, garlic, bellpepper, chili, chicken. So this is basically all the ingrediants I use when whipping up a pasta. I dislike anything from the ocean... except for cod. But I don't think I would like to try out "Cod-pasta" anytime soon...

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
It's all just talk unless you post your own efforts.

Shrimp scampi. Fresh diced parsley and butter toasted panko for garnish. Lots of butter, lemon juice, garlic.

Take the shells and toast them in the pan then put in half a cup of dry white and reduce. Remove the shells and pour off. Then olive oil and garlic then in with the shrimp. Only cook off about 75%, just get colour on the outside. Remove shrimp. Lots of melted butter and lemon juice, get the pasta in and meld the emulsion, then toss in shrimp and finish cooking them.

Garnish.
Enjoy.

scampi.jpg

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
@Piobaire is right. I took the lazy way out.

Pasta aglio e olio:

You will need:
Pasta of choice (spaghetti recommended)
Garlic
Olive Oil
Parsley, finely chopped ( I use Italian parsley but you do you!) (Chop more than you think you'll need)
Red pepper flakes
Lemon/lemon juice

Cook your pasta, reserve a little of the pasta water once it's finished.
I like to finely chop an excessive amount of garlic (6 to 8 cloves depending on how many servings you want) rather than slivering it like the Babish recipe calls for.
20220828_182622.jpg

Saute that with oil and salt, pepper and red pepper flakes once the pasta is finished. I like to warm it low and slow, to avoid any chance of burning the garlic.

Once the pasta is cooked, add it to your pan with the olive oil and remove it from the heat while you toss it all together.

Splash in some of the reserved pasta water to help incorporate everything. At this point, see if it needs any final salt or pepper. Squeeze in the juice of a lemon for a little acidity, and add in the copious amounts of parsley.

20220828_184604.jpg

It may take you a few times to figure out the ratios of what you prefer (more/less garlic or parsley, etc) but this is fairly simple and delicious even if you think it needs an adjustment for the next time.

For example, with the photo above, I would have preferred more parsley but it's not a deal breaker.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I regularly make a dish like that but with anchovies that are broken down while cooking. Maybe I will make next week pasta week and post a couple of dishes.

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regularly make a dish like that but with anchovies that are broken down while cooking. Maybe I will make next week pasta week and post a couple of dishes.
Olive oil, big knob of butter, 3-4 anchovies per serving, just a touch of tomato paste very low heat (no bubbles) until it melts together. Use Spaghettini toss with small bit of water and finish with cracked pepper. Something so simple has no right to taste that good.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's all just talk unless you post your own efforts.

Shrimp scampi. Fresh diced parsley and butter toasted panko for garnish. Lots of butter, lemon juice, garlic.

Take the shells and toast them in the pan then put in half a cup of dry white and reduce. Remove the shells and pour off. Then olive oil and garlic then in with the shrimp. Only cook off about 75%, just get colour on the outside. Remove shrimp. Lots of melted butter and lemon juice, get the pasta in and meld the emulsion, then toss in shrimp and finish cooking them.

Garnish.
Enjoy.

View attachment 1825457

That looks great, do you use any Lemon Zest or just the juice?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Crawford

Reaction score
Made this a couple days ago:
PXL_20221201_022819458.PORTRAIT~3.jpg

Celery, Shallot, Shitake Mushrooms, Garlic, Tomato Paste, Anchovy Paste, Spaghettini, Grana Padano

I was just ad-libing a bit and was probably guilty of trying to do a little too much, but it still turned out really tasty.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads