• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passus Shoes

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful. My guess is that they do not come in g or h width.

Meyboom

Reaction score

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are beautiful. My guess is that they do not come in g or h width.

They are doing made to order, so I would think they could accomdate different widths. Come to think of it, I'll check...

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I confirmed with Rezso that while F width is standard, H and G are available.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @rezso.kuti! Great to see you here and congratulations on the new venture.

What can you tell us about your last-maker and lasts. In particular, I'm curious if you have a last similar to the Vass F or St C Classic.

Congratulations and welcome! Probably not an ideal environment for beginning a new venture, but it nonetheless provides us an opportunity to get to know the company.

Mr. Six inquired about the lasts, and to jump off that sentiment, can you also shed some light as to what materials will be used (i.e. leather stiffeners, heel counters extending to arch, machine or hand stitch soles etc etc).

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi @rezso.kuti! Great to see you here and congratulations on the new venture.

What can you tell us about your last-maker and lasts. In particular, I'm curious if you have a last similar to the Vass F or St C Classic.
Hi @Mr. Six, welcome to our thread. Thank you for the question. Our last is closer to Vass F last but the technology is closer to St C. We used to work together with an Italian company. We developed two lasts together with them. We are working on a 3rd one as well.

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome! Probably not an ideal environment for beginning a new venture, but it nonetheless provides us an opportunity to get to know the company.

Mr. Six inquired about the lasts, and to jump off that sentiment, can you also shed some light as to what materials will be used (i.e. leather stiffeners, heel counters extending to arch, machine or hand stitch soles etc etc).
Hello @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes Yes, indeed. Not the best time to start a new venture, but when we started in the previous year, it looked like a very promising timing. Now, despite this pandemic, we are working and planning.
We make our shoes only by hand. No machines are involved in our production. Hand lasted, hand sewn, hand welted, etc. We use JR leather as a heel counter which extends to arch, leather stiffeners. Hand-stitched soles. Only the best, JR leather soles.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes Yes, indeed. Not the best time to start a new venture, but when we started in the previous year, it looked like a very promising timing. Now, despite this pandemic, we are working and planning.
We make our shoes only by hand. No machines are involved in our production. Hand lasted, hand sewn, hand welted, etc. We use JR leather as a heel counter which extends to arch, leather stiffeners. Hand-stitched soles. Only the best, JR leather soles.

Rezso, these are stunning models. Which last would work for those with a slightly lower instep?

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Rezso, these are stunning models. Which last would work for those with a slightly lower instep?
Thank you, far too kind ;) Lower instep? I'll suggest trying first our last 2000. Similar sizing to the last 1000, with a slightly asymmetric form. It has a lower instep...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for your response Rezso. Sounds good thus far from a craftmanship perspective. Very impressive.

As for the MTO, is there an associated fee? Different leathers for the offering?

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for your response Rezso. Sounds good thus far from a craftmanship perspective. Very impressive.

As for the MTO, is there an associated fee? Different leathers for the offering?
Custom orders are the soul of our business. We'd like to offer more than changing the last or the color of the shoe. You can combine the details, or change patterns. There is no extra charge for built-in metal toe plates etc. Neither for extra polishing or different shine. Currently, we offer 3 types of leather. French box-calf, suede, and Horween Russia Calf hatch grain leathers. The first two are at the same price. The Horween hatch grain is for a touch higher price available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics