• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passus shoes - Fine Shoes from Budapest - Official Affiliate Thread

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, Rezso! In the end, if they are snug enough at the lacings, the looseness in the top line isn't going to bother me. I imagine I'll only notice it if I look right down at them while standing, which I won't have reason to do apart from reviews and discussions like this. And it's not the only pair that does this for me, so as you say, it's evidently just a quirk of my own feet that will happen for me in certain shoes.

I do really enjoy wearing them. I like that they have a relatively unique look among the 'same old same old' in my wardrobe, and I love that they have all the hands-on craftsmanship that you have detailed in this thread. It's very cool to be able to kinda picture a real live person hammering those pegs and painting those soles. Thanks very much for all your help, and I look forward to touching base with you again about the trees. See you in your town someday, I hope!
Thank you for your trust and kind understanding! You are most welcomed in Hungary once this pandemic is over. As soon as your trees arrived I'll contact you.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tom is definitely a unique model, but I can see if instep doesn't fit then the whole thing is just a bit off

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, but far too kind. I am trying to do my best :)

Usually consumers of shoes from brand new companies serve unwittingly as guinea pigs. It is always easier when you have a responsive person, like Rezso, or company, like Passus, on the other end who listens, reacts, and tries to help out their clientele ??.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am glad to see that the pads finally arrived and they are working! Really great! Anyway, I am / we are really sorry that the heel part of the shoe isn't the best for you. During the last six months, we sold quite a few pairs of shoes, finished on our 2000 last. So far we have received a lot of positive feedback, but unfortunately, this is the limitation of RTW shoes: they will not fit all shapes of feet. Reviews, like yours, give us new ideas on how we can develop the 2000 last, we can start to think about a modified last which will have a narrower heel box. We can call it last 2100 or something like that. Also, we'll sit down with our designer and we'll re-think/re-design the lacing part of model Tom. We need to improve that to avoid such problems as yours. Despite, that we spent so many years in the shoe business we still need to learn :) And finally, I can assure you that the QC will be much better, to avoid problems like that.
Reading your comments and posts here on Styleforum always matter a lot to us, we learn a lot ...

I don't view the fitting issue as a flaw at all. It's like you say, the last is made for different feet. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what a modified version of the 2000 last (2100) would wear like. I love the shape of the 2000 last.

George Mason

Reaction score
Thanks, Rezso! In the end, if they are snug enough at the lacings, the looseness in the top line isn't going to bother me. I imagine I'll only notice it if I look right down at them while standing, which I won't have reason to do apart from reviews and discussions like this. And it's not the only pair that does this for me, so as you say, it's evidently just a quirk of my own feet that will happen for me in certain shoes.

I do really enjoy wearing them. I like that they have a relatively unique look among the 'same old same old' in my wardrobe, and I love that they have all the hands-on craftsmanship that you have detailed in this thread. It's very cool to be able to kinda picture a real live person hammering those pegs and painting those soles. Thanks very much for all your help, and I look forward to touching base with you again about the trees. See you in your town someday, I hope!
Was returning the shoes an option for you? It seems like there were enough reasons to do so, especially because the shoes really do not fit properly, even with the addition of the tongue pads. (The finishing defects just add to the disappointment, in my view.)

Please do not construe this as an attack on Mr. Kuti; I dealt with him on multiple Vass orders, and think he's superb in every respect. I simply think that these shoes were flawed and do not fit properly, and a customer shouldn't settle when spending about $800 for a pair.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was returning the shoes an option for you?
I didn't think about it, no. Even if my foot isn't the best match for them, I guess I've gotten a little used to living with less than perfect fits. I tried them with running socks just now and they felt really nice, so maybe I'll try that trick I've read others recommend of wearing no-show socks under dress socks.

I do know exactly what you mean, though, and part of the reason I've been following so many threads here on the forum is to learn more about the different makers and lasts out there, and also about my own feet, so I can try to a better job going forward of acquiring shoes I'll love to wear.

George Mason

Reaction score
I didn't think about it, no. Even if my foot isn't the best match for them, I guess I've gotten a little used to living with less than perfect fits. I tried them with running socks just now and they felt really nice, so maybe I'll try that trick I've read others recommend of wearing no-show socks under dress socks.

I do know exactly what you mean, though, and part of the reason I've been following so many threads here on the forum is to learn more about the different makers and lasts out there, and also about my own feet, so I can try to a better job going forward of acquiring shoes I'll love to wear.
Hope everything works out for you!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was returning the shoes an option for you? It seems like there were enough reasons to do so, especially because the shoes really do not fit properly.... .a customer shouldn't settle when spending about $800 for a pair.

I believe this is the main reason most people do not purchase shoes online. Justifiably I would add. Most would not risk purchasing shoes this ill-fitting. They end up further settling for inferior shoes from their local shoe store or a big retailer that sells shoes (i.e. Macy's).

Not sure how financially viable of an option it is for a buyer, but it may be a better option to lose money on the front end (pay for sample shoes shipped to you). On the back end, you have a better fitting shoe, and/or more knowledge about various lasts.

Passus Shoes

Reaction score
WIN_6515_2500px90q (1).jpg

Real ‘Ballers’ as they say! :cool:

Andrew wholecut oxfords in French box calf leather.

Sitting elegantly on our 2000 last.

Dinner suit by Sartoria Castangia.

Passus Shoes

Reaction score
WIN_6437_2500px90q.jpg

The latest iteration of Martin, our half brogue model. In standard box-calf leather these shoes are classic and understated. We found that the 'Russia Calf' hatch grain elevates their look and helps the shoes to stand out in the right way. We love it against this thick herringbone tweed (vintage bespoke from Anderson&Sheppard).

LThomsen

Reaction score

The latest iteration of Martin, our half brogue model. In standard box-calf leather these shoes are classic and understated. We found that the 'Russia Calf' hatch grain elevates their look and helps the shoes to stand out in the right way. We love it against this thick herringbone tweed (vintage bespoke from Anderson&Sheppard).
Considering buying a pair of Martin's in Sienna brown. Any additional pictures out there?

Passus Shoes

Reaction score
Considering buying a pair of Martin's in Sienna brown. Any additional pictures out there?

Dear @LThomsen ,

I shot some pictures of the model that you are interested yesterday. However this is the Saddle Brown colorstole some lovely pictures from @acapaca wearing his Sienna hatch grain Tom's. Hope these help.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 18.33.54 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 18.33.54.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 18.28.46 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 18.28.46.jpeg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics