• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passus shoes - Fine Shoes from Budapest - Official Affiliate Thread

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took delivery of my Passus shoes. This shoe is based on the Dean model.

My idea with these was to make up a casual to perhaps smart causal shoe. I wanted a Gray grained shoe that wasn't colored that way or Patina'd. Through some exhaustive search efforts Rezso was able to source them. ??

These are an Alpine Grain Dark Gray/Soft Charcoal shoe. The caps and heels were burnished by Passus.

Overall impressions, fit, etc to follow in a few hours (I am working after all ?).

20200702_180012.jpg
20200702_175851.jpg
20200702_175949.jpg
20200702_223153.jpg

20200703_123219.jpg

Last edited:

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I do have a couple pair of ones like those on the way from Skolyx. To be fair, the Yeossal Scotts fit me about the same way -- so hopefully the inserts will fix them both.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First off, let me begin my saying Rezso is an absolute pleasure to work with. We went through all the details, and he kept me updated throughout the whole process. Which I really appreciate as mostly every other brand or business keeps you in the dark. This kind of service can not be applauded enough.

Onto the impressions.
20200702_175308.jpg

The shoe box is very impressive. Thick and sturdy with a solid feel. Think EG shoe box, but a slicker hand feel.

20200703_134308.jpg

The shoe bags less impressive. I was expecting some sort of nylon type material, like Vass does. These are thinner and more basic. Honestly though, if you base your purchase decision on bags a reassessment may be necessary. In any case, thought I would mention it for inquiring minds.

20200703_134245.jpg

The shoe trees remind me very much of Dasco's Knightsbridge. They are standard block, so not hollowed or lasted. They fit the shoes really well so no real reason to upgrade them for lasted ones, especially since these were included in the price.

Rezso often gets asked about Vass F last comparisons. He recommends keeping the same size, and I would agree with that.

Considering the similarity is sizing, I figured it was only fitting to snap a few photos alongside the F-Last.

Fortunately, I had a Vass shoe with a double sole to make it a more appropriate & truer comparison.

20200702_180244.jpg

The Passus is really really similar to the F last. The differences are a better fit around the waist. In my case, it is tight but I appreciate that. The heel fits about the same as the Vass.

20200702_180040.jpg

I would say the 1000 last (the last my shoe is based on) provides better width across the toes. You can see where the F tapers more on the toebox. Thus, those who find the F last restrictive in the toe box will enjoy the extra wiggle room here.
Instep is about the same, with the 1000 last possibly providing a mm or so of extra clearance.

20200702_180141.jpg

The heel block is higher on the F last and heel tapers more. I prefer this about the Vass over the Passus. Saying that, both heels feel the same on the foot, as mentioned earlier.

The overall feel is similar to Vass, but structurally (meaning support) is like StC. Interestingly enough, the weight of the shoe is similar to StC, so considerably ligther than Vass. Consequently, you get the extra support without the weight. Nice job!

20200703_123219.jpg

The Sole is a topy from a German company. The pattern is different from what you typically find. Rezso tells me it is highly durable. The nail configuration you see on the heel was supposed to be the same on the toe tip. Passus dropped the ball here. Obviously, no effect on the shoe itself nor is it visible, but missed detail.

20200703_022444.jpg

The toe caps are straight which is a plus, but as you can see here the stitching is not perfect. On the left shoe, the stitch line almost comes together. Again, not a big deal and to be expected when you have bigger workshops to have these things happen.

There was a similar stitch issue on the back heel, but it feels superfluous to demonstrate with pictures a miniscule error.

As it pertains to finishing. I'll revert back to the Vass comparison.
20200702_180107.jpg
20200702_180208.jpg

As you can see, the Passus shoe is better finished. The waist is more beveled. The toe more refined, although from the overhead shot the Vass toe looks more tapered. From this side view, you can clearly see the Passus shoe has more "shape" to the toe. The dbl sole to single sole is performed cleaner on the Passus.

As mentioned, I prefer the heel and heel block on the Vass shoe. Saying that for the purposes of a casual shoe, the Passus heel works for me.

The welts are nicely executed and clean.
20200702_180505.jpg
Screenshot_20200703-134212_Gallery.jpg

In terms of customer service, Passus, generally, and Rezso, specifically, are leaps and bounds over most brands. You ask for something, they try their best to accommodate you. Hard to find an equal in this category. Easily the Gold standard.

I would say I am extremely pleased with my purchase. Other than a little nit picking here and there, just about a perfect experience.

If you want a shoe that's slightly better than Vass, but slightly lower priced than StC...This would be it. Think of it as Vass+ w/StC engineering but Bespoke Cutomer Service ?.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Serious question, do you have all 100+ shoes lay out ready to be pull out any time, or it's some geometric optimization game with part of the goal to hide total count as well...

I guess it is a bit of both ?.

Honestly, I was fortunate to find these. I have about 7 or 8 hiding/storage spots laid out within my apartment, my folks's houses, our storage unit, and my office.

I believe if I start to organize those spaces it would lead to my eventual downfall. Hence, I just look to where it is easily accessible, but not easily discoverable. If I find what I'm looking for great. If not, well.. Que Será, será.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I do have a couple pair of ones like those on the way from Skolyx. To be fair, the Yeossal Scotts fit me about the same way -- so hopefully the inserts will fix them both.
Do you also have a flat feet? i.e. you see a lot of case when you fully press down your feet, your feet will push the inner side of the shoes.

Last edited:

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it is a bit of both ?.

Honestly, I was fortunate to find these. I have about 7 or 8 hiding/storage spots laid out within my apartment, my folks's houses, our storage unit, and my office.

I believe if I start to organize those spaces it would lead to my eventual downfall. Hence, I just look to where it is easily accessible, but not easily discoverable. If I find what I'm looking for great. If not, well.. Que Será, será.
Is your real name Bruce Wayne??

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you also have a flat feet? i.e. you see a lot of case when you fully press down your feet, your feet will push the inner side of the shoes.
No, I think I'm about average in that regard. It's a rare shoe that gives me this problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads