• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passus shoes - Fine Shoes from Budapest - Official Affiliate Thread

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yup, I'm seriously tempted to get the Tom 2 eyelet derby, but already 3 shoes since COVID, maybe I should slow down...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In general I don't have a lot derby (if any for that matter), was thinking something casual/country (like CJ Ashdown actually), though Tom really caught my eye

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lolz... funny thing I was also looking at the Tom model.. hopefully next year:)

yup, I'm seriously tempted to get the Tom 2 eyelet derby, but already 3 shoes since COVID, maybe I should slow down...

@clee1982 , if people drop out of their prior "commitments" because of your negative Nancy attitude, we are gonna have to have a talk.. :censored:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for some reason the last/ size label is quite different with my Argentum, so I thought it was Aeris, (then I double check my other Argentum, it's the same as yours.)

The finishing seems to be pretty good, do want to see more people posting their Passus!
In general I don't have a lot derby (if any for that matter), was thinking something casual/country (like CJ Ashdown actually), though Tom really caught my eye

Barring any setbacks in production, I very well may have my Passus pair as early as next week or week after that. Unlike you boys, I ordered the Dean.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dean seems more "chunky", not in a bad way though

edit: perhaps better call it more substantial

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dean seems more "chunky", not in a bad way though

edit: perhaps better call it more substantial

I believe you are right. It is not as refined as the Tom, which is exactly why I wanted it.

It will be my jeans, chino shoe. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed the pictures do not deceive. If this turns out to be sleeker than desired, it will be mildly disappointing.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
think the idea is a bit like... dare I say Alden straight tip Blucher? I think it work will. When I was the military the ones we got issued was more like alden (except with **** quality). It was not US military, but plenty things have relation to it at least dress uniform wise vs US military stuff since WW II

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
think the idea is a bit like... dare I say Alden straight tip Blucher? I think it work will. When I was the military the ones we got issued was more like alden (except with **** quality). It was not US military, but plenty things have relation to it at least dress uniform wise vs US military stuff since WW II

Well that would be a good idea, but it's more like a double sole F-Lasted Vass. And of course, the shoe will not be this one either. This is the template. The shoe ordered is something a touch different ?.

Which is why now I want a short wing derby (as opposed to the Long wing I wanted previously) to replace my Alden tanks. I want the Alden idea (though less bulbous) but still with width (so keep the extended welt).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Alden LWB is iconic though, I just hate it's on barrie all the time.

Sort of random thought, not sure why most of the time only Alden/AE (fine GS, or just American in general) really does longwing, for every other guy it's like 2nd thought (EG/Carmina), and most other guys only have short wing (basically every English manufacturer)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden LWB is iconic though, I just hate it's on barrie all the time.

Sort of random thought, not sure why most of the time only Alden/AE (fine GS, or just American in general) really does longwing, for every other guy it's like 2nd thought (EG/Carmina), and most other guys only have short wing (basically every English manufacturer)

I would say the Barrie kills it for people. Makes the shoes appear, just dated. Which, of course, turns people off from the style. If done properly, you could easily have in your arsenal a shoe that can go from casual to smart casual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads