• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passus shoes - Fine Shoes from Budapest - Official Affiliate Thread

boot_owl

Reaction score
Good idea! Once we finished the tour I'll create a series as suggested. ;) There are two more steps that I'd like to share with you. At the moment you can simply click on the thread gallery where you can find all my pictures.

some really great photos there, love the transparency Did I see that the welt at the waist
1592955197506.jpeg

Is pegged to the insole? Does this affect the ability to rewelt since pegging through the same holes isn’t really the same as stitching through the same holes?

I’m having a discussion with a friend about the advantages/disadvantages of pegging vs stitching with a friend right now and I’m actually standing for pegs

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
some really great photos there, love the transparency Did I see that the welt at the waist View attachment 1411559
Is pegged to the insole? Does this affect the ability to rewelt since pegging through the same holes isn’t really the same as stitching through the same holes?

I’m having a discussion with a friend about the advantages/disadvantages of pegging vs stitching with a friend right now and I’m actually standing for pegs
Thank you! Also for the question. Let's go step by step...

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We like this type of waist. I won't say there is any advantage or disadvantage. The rest of the sole is sewn. Should we call it 50%-50%? :)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely see it as more often done by Eastern European, I assume there are some history to it?

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I definitely see it as more often done by Eastern European, I assume there are some history to it?
Obviously, there was a historical background to this. But later in the turn of the century, sewing became more accepted. In the mid and late 19th century, this was more typical in America. We are still using this technology. But we are sourcing the wooden pegs from Germany :D

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine are ready to ship! Rezső just sent me a very cool little video, to confirm the model if nothing else. What fantastic service. Can't wait to see them soon!

mutu

Reaction score
Today I received my first pair of Passus shoes I ordered six weeks ago. I have to say, that the shoes are very good. I am pretty impressed with the quality and the finish. The fit is also very good (that was the only thing where I wasn't quite sure, as the sizes from different manufacturers often vary). Considering the fact that this is a MTO shoe including metal toe tips and shoe trees (everything included in the price), you get a lot of value for your money. 20200626_113753.jpg
20200626_113652.jpg 20200626_113623.jpg 20200626_113812.jpg

LThomsen

Reaction score
How do they compare to in terms of fit and finish to other brands that you have?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
now anyone got Tom 2 eyelet derby, I'm really interested in that one, and want to get some opinion on how color looks like

mutu

Reaction score
Compared to my Meccariello's the Passus shoes are processed more carefully in some places / details (see pictures below (the brown ones are the Meccarielos):

20200626_144948.jpg 20200626_144954.jpg
20200626_145055.jpg 20200626_145047.jpg
20200626_145247.jpg 20200626_145233.jpg

The fit is pretty hard to explain in general. The Passus shoes are close to my foot but I have no pain when entering and wearing it (I was wearing it for 2 hours at home today). At no point does it feel uncomfortable. With my Crocket & Jones (handgrade), for example, the break-in was relatively painful.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Even though passus is a new brand, from what I have seen, they very well may the best value out there. It should be interesting to see them develop over time and to see what value they bring to the table as time passes.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it is the Equites (Argentum line)
Thanks, for some reason the last/ size label is quite different with my Argentum, so I thought it was Aeris, (then I double check my other Argentum, it's the same as yours.)

The finishing seems to be pretty good, do want to see more people posting their Passus!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads