• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passus shoes - Fine Shoes from Budapest - Official Affiliate Thread

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your shoes look great ! Can you show us a few pictures of the soles and sole edges?
How do these shoes compare in terms of fit and finishing to other makers you have worn?
Sure, I'll take more pics tomorrow.

The finishing is light but good. Better than ZB (I'm using ZB for comparison a lot because of the price range). Probably similar to StC in finishing. The fit on the 2000 last is very snug across the vamp so they may not work well for folks with high instep. The shoes are very snug overall and chiseled. I took a size 43/10us which is my standard size (9uk for StC)

I did have a fit discrepancy on the left shoe but I have to consult that with Rezso to see what the issue is.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my first pair today (Ordered through Sartoriale). They look and feel great. On appearance alone, I would buy these over ZB any day. I haven't tried them on yet but they are on the 2000 last. There's some slight cosmetic QC issues but I've dm Rezso for feedback.

I still can't believe the value and I also can't wait to see what else Passus will come up with.

View attachment 1400054 View attachment 1400055 View attachment 1400056 View attachment 1400057 View attachment 1400058

Beautiful pair of shoes with a great shape to them. Saying that, are these straight from the box? Unless my eyes deceive me, it appears that one of the shoes had been worn. If this is the "slight" cosmetic QC issue you are referring to, may not be so slight ?.

I understand that you had ordered these from Sartoriale. Hopefully, Rezso or someone on the Passus team would have caught that should you have bought directly from Passus. At least, brought it to your attention were they used.

Again, beautiful pair of shoes and they look great so I'm not critiquing that aspect. Additionally, if you had worn them my apologies. I just hope that the rest of the purchasers of their shoes (including myself) receive the QC check (or QC check 2x).

Last edited:

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful pair of shoes with a great shape to them. Saying that, are these straight from the box? Unless my eyes deceive me, it appears that one of the shoes had been worn. If this is the "slight" cosmetic QC issue you are referring to, may not be so slight ?.

I understand that you had ordered these from Sartoriale. Hopefully, Rezso or someone on the Passus team would have caught that. At least brought it to your attention.

Again, beautiful pair of shoes and they look great so I'm not critiquing that aspect. Additionally, if you had worn them my apologies. I just hope that the rest of the purchasers of their shoes (including myself) receive the QC check (or QC check 2x).
You are correct. I had not worn the shoes when the pictures were taken, as I mentioned. That is the cosmetic QC issue I meant. One of the shoes arrived looking really worn and there are some scuffing as well. Because I ordered these from Sartoriale and not directly from Passus, I'm not sure if the retailer is responsible. However, it should be noted that the shoes shipped directly from Hungary.

My past experience with retailers is that they normally catch QC issues that slip through the shoe makers and inform the customer. I think this one just an oversight that got away. Also, judging by the IG pics, I'm willing to bet that this is a one time slip.

DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0039.JPG
DSC_0040.JPG
DSC_0041.JPG
DSC_0042.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG
DSC_0037.JPG

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are correct. I had not worn the shoes when the pictures were taken, as I mentioned. That is the cosmetic QC issue I meant. One of the shoes arrived looking really worn and there are some scuffing as well. Because I ordered these from Sartoriale and not directly from Passus, I'm not sure if the retailer is responsible. However, it should be noted that the shoes shipped directly from Hungary.

My past experience with retailers is that they normally catch QC issues that slip through the shoe makers and inform the customer. I think this one just an oversight that got away. Also, judging by the IG pics, I'm willing to bet that this is a one time slip.

View attachment 1400124 View attachment 1400125 View attachment 1400126 View attachment 1400127 View attachment 1400128 View attachment 1400129 View attachment 1400130 View attachment 1400131

Thank you for the additional pictures, as well as confirming what I saw. I may be 40yrs old, but my eyes still work like my 30yr old self ?.

Seriously, the shoes do look good. Wear them in good health.

As for the misstep, hopefully it was a one off ??. Curious if others who had purchased shoes from Passus had similar experiences. Actually were your experiences in general?

And yes I would like to know because I also picked up a pair from Passus as well, so this information is in my best interests ?.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the additional pictures, as well as confirming what I saw. I may be 40yrs old, but my eyes still work like my 30yr old self ?.

Seriously, the shoes do look good. Wear them in good health.

As for the misstep, hopefully it was a one off ??. Curious if others who had purchased shoes from Passus had similar experiences. Actually were your experiences in general?

And yes I would like to know because I also picked up a pair from Passus as well, so this information is in my best interests ?.
The fit is nice except there is something off about the left shoe. Almost feels slightly longer and there's also extra room by my ankle on both shoes which is weird. I'm hoping to get clarification from Rezso later.

sinequanon

Reaction score
The fit is nice except there is something off about the left shoe. Almost feels slightly longer and there's also extra room by my ankle on both shoes which is weird. I'm hoping to get clarification from Rezso later.
I am also trying to figure out the fit, I guess in general the fit is TTS? My feet are of slightly different size, it's always hard to strike the balance.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also trying to figure out the fit, I guess in general the fit is TTS? My feet are of slightly different size, it's always hard to strike the balance.
Possibly, except the 2000 last doesn't appear to be very forgiving because it's very snug across the vamp. So I would caution those with sensitive toes. Also, probably wouldn't work well with a high instep. Still, I think it is a very nicely made chisel last.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rezso has indeed confirmed this morning that the shoes I purchased from Sartoriale were likely tried on at the retailer and he will inform the retailer that they need to do a better QC check before shipping out shoes.

So there's no need to worry for those ordering straight from Passus. ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics