• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passus shoes - Fine Shoes from Budapest - Official Affiliate Thread

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Much appreciated.
What is the difference between your 1000 and 2000 last?
Can your loafer be made on the 1000 last?
Yes, of course. It can be finished on the last 1000 as well.

The main difference between the last 1000 and last 2000 is the shape of the toe box.
The first has a round toe box, narrow waist, medium instep height, and medium width across the ball. Versus the last 2000. Which has a chiseled toe and a narrow waist, slightly higher instep and medium width across the ball.

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Let me share a new picture of our Adelaide-Oxford model: Henry I. with you. A beautiful shoe all around finished on 1000 Last. A classic style with gorgeous handpainted soles. This Adelaide design was originally invented by legendary last maker Terry Moore from Fosters & Son in London ( as far as I know ). We like it very much...

Henry I. Adelaided Oxford.jpg

LThomsen

Reaction score
Let me share a new picture of our Adelaide-Oxford model: Henry I. with you. A beautiful shoe all around finished on 1000 Last. A classic style with gorgeous handpainted soles. This Adelaide design was originally invented by legendary last maker Terry Moore from Fosters & Son in London ( as far as I know ). We like it very much...

Any plans to make matching belts for your shoes?

Andrew0409

Reaction score

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not just saying this, but this is the best looking last for a loafer I've seen. It's just so sleek without being too much.
Thank you, far too kind. We love this last as well. It took a long time till we decided, designed, and finished this model on 2000 last. We think it is a unique last and model!

Last edited:

KtSty

Reaction score
I'm thinking a refined Paraboot Avignon. Very nice indeed!
The japanese should be all over this.
Agreed. Reminds me of almost a hybrid between JM Weston’s Demi Chasse and Chasse. Very nice!

That's kinda funny, I think the influence actually worked the other way round historically. Hungarian shoemaking is well known for its high toe boxes. While the long split is likely a Western European innovation, the practical and comfortable high toe box probably flowed over from Austro-Hungary to Weston (potentially via the Americans who had extensively borrowed from Austro-Hungarian bootmaking during the civil war) and finally to Paraboot.

Either way, I like this addition to the line up.

rezso.kuti

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know it is way too hot these days and we all wear loafers mainly. But a couple of days ago you requested more Adelaide’s, so here we are, Henry, on our 2000 last in navy box calf. A slightly unusual color for an oxford for sure, but still worked out quite well, right?

WIN_6458-Edit_2500px90q.jpg

WIN_6506-Edit_2500px80q.jpg

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it is way too hot these days and we all wear loafers mainly. But a couple of days ago you requested more Adelaide’s, so here we are, Henry, on our 2000 last in navy box calf. A slightly unusual color for an oxford for sure, but still worked out quite well, right?

how dark is the navy color? Bottom one seems a bit light while the top one and the photos at the site are quite dark navy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads