• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passport Case/Holder: What do you use?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you use to hold your passport when you travel? I use a victorniox passport case. It zips up and has compartments. I kinda wish I didn't throw away the shoulder string that holds it though. It works nice, but my passport is still pretty thrased. Was considering a pocket leather case though. the best thing about the victorinox is that I can keep all my travel documents in there, there's a place for a pen (which is always a pain to get on the plane when filing out customs forms), and it protects my passport. Its also hard to lose because its quite large. Unfortunately, its not really pocket carryable so when going through immigration, I have to keep it inside my bag. http://www.ebags.com/victorinox_swis...?modelid=69106

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't use anything. show the passport and back it goes in my jacket pocket

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't use a case - most passport control officers want you to take it out of the case, anyway. its a *****, though, because a case does protect it.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one by a company called traveland I got years ago when I first traveled asia. It's about the same thing as the victorix one you posted, I like them. While agree with the pain of taking the passport out, at least it is always in the same spot and all my physical tickets, copy of passport, creditcards in case of emegency is all in the same spot. I don't use it much anymore, but recently took it out to eastern europe as it stayed in my day pack

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go bareback. Protection is vulgar and for looser.

Seriously, I got rid of mine, passport cover is more trouble than it's worth. You have to remove the cover for passport scanners and then to put it back on or you'll lose it. I just want to make a bee line to get my luggages in stead of spending 20 seconds to put the cover back on.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by von Rothbart
I go bareback. Protection is vulgar and for looser.

Seriously, I got rid of mine, passport cover is more trouble than it's worth. You have to remove the cover for passport scanners and then to put it back on or you'll lose it. I just want to make a bee line to get my luggages in stead of spending 20 seconds to put the cover back on.

but how often do you have to remove it? once, twice a trip?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
but how often do you have to remove it? once, twice a trip?

every time you cross passport control. for me, that is about 16-20 times a month

Syl

Reaction score
Something I got from the photo store when I last took my pictures. holds passport, 3 c. cards and a pocket for some folded up pages. Actually I use it quite a bit when flying since it's an easy place to have everything together. But I'd never use it day-to-day as it's far too bulky otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads