Party Food That Rocks

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Mauro, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Have only enough food to last 30-60 minutes. You don't want people shitfaced with expensive clothes around them eating food. Have food ready for the die hards the will come early to shoot the shit with you. Those with lives or that are too cool for school are SOL with food. Chances are they would have eaten already anyway.

Fuck it, just order a bunch of boxes of McD chicken nuggets. You would be considered a god.

2. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

My fiance made a mean Buffalo Chicken Dip with her crockpot this past Halloween. If I remember correctly it's cooked chicken tenders, Blue cheese dressing, Cheddar, Hot Sauce, and some other stuff all put together and melted. Slightly messy, but if you get some Tostitos Scoops, you're all good. [​IMG]

3. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

Ro-Tel Dip - Melted velveeta mixed with a can of with Ro-Tel chopped tomatoes with jalapeno peppers. I used to have this all the time when I lived in Memphis...it's almost totally unknown north of the Mason-Dixon Line. http://www.ro-tel.com/recipe.jsp?act...2693&view=view

We had this in WA cept it was just salsa and Velveeta

4. Classic Bespoke

Classic Bespoke Member

Meatballs in BBQ Sauce, Pigs in a Blanket (LiL Smokie Sausages wrapped in crescent rolls and baked), Mini burgers, chicken nuggets/tenders, chips and dip, mini ham/turkey sandwiches, choc fountain....all easy to do

5. why

why Senior member

Ro-Tel Dip - Melted velveeta mixed with a can of with Ro-Tel chopped tomatoes with jalapeno peppers. I used to have this all the time when I lived in Memphis...it's almost totally unknown north of the Mason-Dixon Line. http://www.ro-tel.com/recipe.jsp?act...2693&view=view

That's fucking gross. Ro-Tel tastes more like the can than the peppers. Drowning it in Velveeta just makes it more disgusting.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You can ask your local lebanese restaurant to deliver a bunch of mezze. Some cheese and meat sambuseks, some kebbe, pickled turnips, olives, etc... If you're worried that people's hands will get greasy/dirty, provide little wooden forks or sticks to eat them.

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

Mauro do you want to cook or to order?

I bet Ray's would cook you up a couple nice plates of stuffed mushrooms, devilish eggs, mini crab cakes and such. And I bet you'd spend enough on it to totally negate the evening's sales.

Could go lebanese taverna and get grape leaves and cheeses and falafel and whole effing roasted lamb.

Does whole foods do catering? Their hot bar etc is usually good.

8. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Senior member

Can't beat cubes of cheese and pineapple on sticks. For extra calls stick them in half a melon to make a porcupine.

9. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

Easy.

Prosciutto, sopressata, coppa, mortadella, fine cheeses and bread.

10. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Easy.

Prosciutto, sopressata, gabba gu, mortadella, fine cheeses and bread.

fixed for the "you're really nothing like an actual Italian" Italians on here.

11. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    ^^lol if you only knew.

please keep it coming nothing is really jumping at me and with other companies and such cancelling holiday parties due to budgets I real want to give something nice to my customers and friends.

12. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Senior member

fixed for the "you're really nothing like an actual Italian" Italians on here.

You forgot to leave the vowels off at the end of each word...

13. jobro

jobro Senior member

Wrap (rock) melon with prosciutto. Sounds weird but is very very good.

Soak water chestnuts in soy sauce and brown sugar for an hour or so (or longer!) in a bowl. Pick them out of the bowl and wrap in liberal amounts of bacon and toothpick. Grill (broil? I dont know, I'm Australian! - What ever heats from above) until bacon is crispy and serve. Easy way to to this is to have them toothpicked and ready to go on the tray you're going to cook them on.
    Handy tip: line baking tray with alu foil.

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

15. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Unagi nigiri or grilled chicken wings. The unagi is relatively easy to come by and is already cooked - all you have to do is cut it up and put it under a broiler with the sauce and place it on hand-molded rice. The chicken wings just require any kind of sauce applied after it is grilled or broiled, then finished off to get the sauce to thicken/caramelize.